Enphase Issues (ToolKit Vs. MyEnlighten)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pl8er
    • Sep 2018

Enphase Issues (ToolKit Vs. MyEnlighten)

I do sincerely hate being a beginner with these types of things, but I suppose we all start somewhere? I was able to purchase 9 235W SolarWorld SW Mono's for a really great price, so I installed a system myself. The install itself has gone rather well and the panels are all producing. Then, as my luck continued to go well, I was able to purchase an Enphase Envoy for $60!!!! It arrived and works perfectly, at least in toolkit. I can see and get updates regarding what my panels are producing anytime I want. It shows 9 panels communicating and producing, etc. However, I installed enlighten and it says that there are 26 microinverters (the bulk being retired from whoever owned the envoy prior to me) and my 9. None are communicating.

So I have in toolkit total communication but despite syncing to enlighten, i have no communication. Any ideas here? I have my account setup on both. When I read the documents they always go back to a situation where there is no communication - but I do not have that problem. Mine do communicate simply not in Enlighten.

Maybe additional information to really lay it all out.

9 panels 9 M215 Micro Inverters,
    Last edited by pl8er; 09-06-2018, 07:41 PM.
  • MrDodge
    • Dec 2017

Hi pl8er, and welcome to the forum. Tons of gr8 info on this site. I'd like to start with as you, I also am a novice in this area, only 5 months in on a self install. I unfortunately wasn't as lucky as yourself on a used Envoy. The $40 one I received would not boot but trying to troubleshoot it I did learn: if a used Envoy has never been connected to the internet you can use it in Enlighten at your location with full access. If your used Envoy has been connected to the internet at another address ( I.P. I assume) it will only work at that address.
    Again I'm not 100% certain this is true, I'm sure someone with greater expertise will chime in shortly. One biggie you should not overlook during the registration in Enlighten is to click the self install prompt to get panel level monitoring which is a gr8 feature. Good Luck and again, Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by MrDodge; 09-07-2018, 07:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• pl8er
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by MrDodge
      Hi pl8er, and welcome to the forum. Tons of gr8 info on this site. I'd like to start with as you, I also am a novice in this area, only 5 months in on a self install. I unfortunately wasn't as lucky as yourself on a used Envoy. The $40 one I received would not boot but trying to troubleshoot it I did learn: if a used Envoy has never been connected to the internet you can use it in Enlighten at your location with full access. If your used Envoy has been connected to the internet at another address ( I.P. I assume) it will only work at that address.
      Again I'm not 100% certain this is true, I'm someone with greater expertise will chime in shortly. One biggie you should not overlook during the registration in Enlighten is to click the self install prompt to get panel level monitoring which is a gr8 thing. Good Luck and again, Welcome to the forum
      Thank you for the reply. That is VERY interesting! I could see in some ways why this would be beneficial but also it seems as though Enphase would believe that nobody would ever upgrade without the equipment dying.

Tonight I read an article that said that enlighten can take a great deal of time to cache the information (days, sometimes). So I will leave it running for a few days and see what happens.

Comment

Working...