Kids Today, Amazing Sometimes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Today, Amazing Sometimes.

So my twins birthday was Monday, they turned 36. Anyway about a month ago my kids insisted I come up and go to Dallas for their birthday, and that I be there no later than dinner time. Did not tell them I already planned I would come up for their birthday, just did not know Dallas. Anyway as it turns out the kids wanted me to cook dinner for them at my old home north of Dallas where my Son now resides. So anyway did the Jerk Chicken, Brisket, Collard Greens, and Mac-N-Cheese thing for my kids.

Anyway after dinner, a Party Shuttle shows up shows up at the house. My kids insist I go with them. WTF have they got me into now? Well as it turns out one of my all time favorite bands, on my Bucket List, ELO was in Dallas that night, and my dang kids took me to the ELO concert. Wow I got great kids and ELO was spectacular. Jeff Lynne still sounds as good as he did 40 years ago last time I seen them. ELO did not disappoint, the band sounded excellent and the light show was as good or better than I remember it 40 years ago I think . That was a Purple Haze and Crown Royal night if I recall.

Last edited by Sunking; 08-15-2018, 12:59 PM.
    MSEE, PE

20 somethings on drugs ? An example of better living through chemistry no doubt.

The drummer must be talented, working with what appears to be no hands.

Comment

While I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm still not in the butterknife bin. I seem to be missing something here. I see Jeff Lynne and what might be ELO onstage. What's wrong with this picture?
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
        What's wrong with this picture?
        Nothing at all. For whatever reason I screwed up the post and did not double check. Fixed and now it should make more sense.

You bet it is ELO (Jeff Lynne). Sad part is ELO is only doing 10 US cities.It had almost a Spiritual like atmosphere hard to explain. The whole show was mesmerizing that captured your attention right from the start and opening song. At first it was like a Beatles meet Pink Floyd concert. Close to a modern days Beatles Concert as you can get. As John Lennon once said ELO is SOB (Son of Beatles) , and went on to say that is what the Beatles would have sounded like if they did not break up. Jeff even did a song from his Traveling Willburys days memorializing Harrison, Petty, and Orbison. Jerked a lot of tears and cheers from the crowd.
        Last edited by Sunking; 08-15-2018, 01:09 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

What a great time and what great kids. I bet the tickets weren't easy to come by with only 10 cities and not knowing if they'll do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            Nothing at all. For whatever reason I screwed up the post and did not double check. Fixed and now it should make more sense.

You bet it is ELO (Jeff Lynne). Sad part is ELO is only doing 10 US cities.It had almost a Spiritual like atmosphere hard to explain. The whole show was mesmerizing that captured your attention right from the start and opening song. At first it was like a Beatles meet Pink Floyd concert. Close to a modern days Beatles Concert as you can get. As John Lennon once said ELO is SOB (Son of Beatles) , and went on to say that is what the Beatles would have sounded like if they did not break up. Jeff even did a song from his Traveling Willburys days memorializing Harrison, Petty, and Orbison. Jerked a lot of tears and cheers from the crowd.
            Now THAT makes a lot more sense. Must've been awesome to have been there.

My last show was The Marshall Tucker Band. A couple of them came out with walkers, (they're old), But they really sounded great. Always were one of my favorite bands. I'm not necessarily a country music fan. Another must see act is Eric Burdon and the Animals. Great old songs and more energy than you'd think possible from those old farts. oh, no lasers and special effects at their shows.
            2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
              I bet the tickets weren't easy to come by with only 10 cities and not knowing if they'll do it again.
              Yeah they are great kids. Being Jeff is 70 and last Concert tour was 40 years ago, next show will be the big one upstairs in the big lights.

On Father's Day they dang kid sof mine made me go to Tulsa to see these ole guys playing. At least they made dinner that night for me. For you snowflakes and kids they are are called Eagles. Although they should change the name of the band to Joe and Vince Show with the Eagles. Makes an Indian proud.

Last edited by Sunking; 08-15-2018, 01:49 PM.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
                What a great time and what great kids. I bet the tickets weren't easy to come by with only 10 cities and not knowing if they'll do it again.
                They were close to you as they played LA and Bay area. Oddly enough LA and Bay area were their only two west coast cities. A good friend of mine (SOB kept a good secret) who lives north of Seattle flew down for my kids birthday and went with us. I knew he was coming down because we planned and are now with the crew playing golf a few days in Tulsa and Branson. I should have put two and two together because he went with me 40 years ago and as big of a fan as I am. Anyway they all planned this last Christmas and got tickets. I had brought it up during our Christmas party, then my kids, wifey, along with friend Dave conspired against me. I forgot all about ELO being in Dallas. Thought I had the surprise bringing Dave down to the b-day party.

Now before my kids, Dave, or wifey read this or any of you get the wrong idea thinking my kids are great and did this just for me are not fooling me. Amy and Anthony your dad is no fool. I seen you dancing and singing along the whole show along with me. Loved it and you kids. THX
                Last edited by Sunking; 08-15-2018, 02:42 PM.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

I don't think, imho music will ever be better than from that time, true musicians, there was a lot of competition, witch only made the best of music! Now did you use walkerswood or some of your own Jerk?

20180721_181300.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X