Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MQGalano
    • Aug 2018

La County 7 Year Lease Purchase option

I currently have a sunpower system. It is a 12KW system with 37 335W panels with micro-inverters. The system is leased. I know that LA County leases of solar systems have a 7 year buy out option that allow you to buy out the lease a the end of the 7th year and the buyout cost would be the market value of the system then. I was wondering if anyone with a leased system has taken this option? I would think that the system would be depreciated enough that it would be best way to purchase the system for cheap. Let me know what you guys think
  • abriori
    • Mar 2019

In case you're still wondering about this, you might want to check out another thread, in which it appears the poster was quoted about $10,000 for the buyout of a solar lease: https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...uyout-question

Of course, each system and lease is different, so your buyout price would be more or less depending on the system size, lease rate, etc. But it may give you a sense that the buyout may not be too cheap.

My response on that post also mentions some details of how the buyout price needs to be calculated, in case you're curious.

Comment

Working...