Capacity of battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacity of battery?

Hi everyone I got this 2 pieces 20w solar panel from a friend and I'm planning to use it. My question is how much battery capacity will I use for this panels if I connect the panels in paralle? I'm from the Philippines and I can harvest sunlight in 6 to 7hrs.

My other question is how much power can I harvest from 6 to 7hrs if I connect it in parallel?

Screenshot_2018-07-01-19-47-21.jpg

Here I attached the panel's info.

The biggest 12v battery those panels should charge would be around a 20Ah since the most charging amps you can get would be around 2 amps.

Comment

Oh sorry I didn't state that the only available battery I can use is 12v. I just need how much battery i would need. I am not good in calculating or in electronics but I will try to understand each answer you give to me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alecks View Post
        Oh sorry I didn't state that the only available battery I can use is 12v. I just need how much battery i would need. I am not good in calculating or in electronics but I will try to understand each answer you give to me. Thanks!
        A typical 12 volt lead acid battery should be charged at a rate between C/8 and C/12 where C = Ah rating.

Those panels can provide a maximum of 1.16 of charging amps each. So wiring them in parallel could get a maximum of 2.32 amps. Based on a typical battery size you can charge one rated about 20 Ah which would be within the C/8 & C/12 charge rates.

Comment

Hmm. A 20Ah battery can be used for something like charging phone using 12v dc inverter. I might plan using them for some other use.

Comment

Hmm. A 20Ah battery can be used for something like charging phone using 12v dc inverter. I might plan using them for some other use.
            I agree that 40 watts and a 20Ah battery will not provide you much of any power. Sometimes getting something for free can be expensive in the long run.

Comment

Thank you for the great time, I might read more and ask more then contribute here. I'm still on the learning process.

Comment

Thank you for the great time, I might read more and ask more then contribute here. I'm still on the learning process.
                Again you are welcome.

Read all you want. The more knowledge someone has the better the questions asked.

Comment

I have a 12V. 100 Ah SOLAR BATTERY. , STECA 1010 MPPT, I have 2 Panels - as attached- 1 for morning Sun, and the other for the afternoon/ evening Sunlight. ( Parallel) HOW CAN I IMPROVE ON ,MY
                  1. Charging Time.
                  2. Load wattage consumption over time. I want to use a 400W rated Cook/Steamer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"Thank you for the great time, I might read more and ask more then contribute here. I'm still on the learning process."
                    Same here. This is definitely the right forum to be in. I'm learning a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X