No announcement yet.

Watt Hour / Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to notice is the roundness of the curve. I would think that if i were getting clipped that the top would be very flat.

Comment

Originally posted by fatcat View Post
      One thing to notice is the roundness of the curve. I would think that if i were getting clipped that the top would be very flat.
      Your other graph you posted shows more array clipping (post #4)
      Solar production is not the same every day...

Also you have micro inverters your clipping is at the PV module level and since you have multiple Azimuths it will be harder to see at the array level.
      look at the graph for individual PV modules for clipping issues. with micro inverters.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

I did say roughly right?
        Yea, you most certainly did. No argument there. Read it myself. Right there in black & white without ambiguity. As long as you're being sarcastic, thank you for the rhetorical question to what I meant as a serious post.

And not being a fan of pyrrhic victories for either one of us, or at least not for me, especially believing you & I have agreed (at least tacitly or informally) to disagree about the worth of the term "sun-hours", I won't rant about it's use. No gain there.

However, to clarify something, at least in my mind, but maybe others as well, since more than one definition of the term "sun-hour" seems to be available - I know of three in some use, all of them different and as best as I can determine all being about equally ill-defined - your post seems to be defining a sun hour in yet another way: A "sun-hour" is how long it takes an array to produce the number of kWh that's numerically equal to its STC rating. That is, you seem to be saying a 14.88 kW array that somehow has exposure to 3 "sun-hours" will have <= 44.6 kWh output for that day. The "<=" being the "roughly" part.

The last word is yours if you want it.

Respectfully,

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Yea, you most certainly did. No argument there. Read it myself. Right there in black & white without ambiguity. As long as you're being sarcastic, thank you for the rhetorical question to what I meant as a serious post.
          You know me well enough, I make it a simple KISS approach for the generations after BB's can understand. You are accurately correct, but who needs injuneers complicating things with minor details.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            who needs injuneers complicating things with minor details.
            With apologies for breaking my word on the last word being yours: Since you ask, maybe those who might think we may be able to provide some clarity 1X/awhile and so perhaps help avoid the paths leading to where the devil resides (in the details).

Comment

Working...
            X