Noticed a problem with electric meter VS Power guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed a problem with electric meter VS Power guide

Hello all Just wanted to know what could cause my power guide to tell me i made 30kwhs but on that same day i did a meter reading before the sun came out and took the reading after the sun set--the meter reported 22kwhs but the power guide program and inverter reported 30 kwhs.. Thanks for any help..

I am not exactly sure what you mean by your Power Guide, but if that is what your pv system generated it is possible that you used that 30kWh along with purchasing another 22kWh from your POCO. 52kWh is not out of the ordinary.

What was your average daily kWh consumption before installing your pv system?

Comment

Could it be that you self consumed 8 kwh and
      sent the other 22kwh to the POCO?
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Sorry my power guild is a web site where i can look at my production for the day hour minute.. Its never mattered what was running in the house at the end of each day i would go to the meter outside and compair the reading to what my inverter says it made on that power guilde site.. The last few days when i make say 40 kwhs for the day the meter is reporting a different amount like 33kwhs.. They were always neck and neck outside meter and what inverter reported at end of day!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZSUN11763 View Post
          Sorry my power guild is a web site where i can look at my production for the day hour minute.. Its never mattered what was running in the house at the end of each day i would go to the meter outside and compair the reading to what my inverter says it made on that power guilde site.. The last few days when i make say 40 kwhs for the day the meter is reporting a different amount like 33kwhs.. They were always neck and neck outside meter and what inverter reported at end of day!!
          No it does not matter because your Power Guide has no clue where that energy went. Example if you consumed say 50 Kwh in a day, and your system generated 30 Kwh means you bought 20 Kwh from the POCO. You used more energy then you generated, and you had to buy from the POCO to make up for the deficit.

It takes at least two meter points to know what is going on. One will always be the POCO meter and really is the only one that matters. The second meter can be either what you consumed, or on eon the PV system to see what it generates. From either 2 meters you can calculate the 3rd missing meter.

Example if the PV = 30 Kwh, and POCO = +10 Kwh you used 40 Kwh.

or

PV = 30 Kwh and POCO = - 20 KWH you used 10 Kwh and received 20 Kwh credit from the POCO.

Like I said the only one that matters and counts is the POCO meter. They could care less what your meters say.
          Last edited by Sunking; 05-07-2018, 05:26 PM.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
          X