Supply Side Connection Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply Side Connection Help

Hi everyone, I need some clarification on supply side connections. I'll first layout what the array will look like and then my question.

(2) 6kW inverters that will feed 35A breakers in 100A dedicated PV service panel.
    That service will then go towards the meter, first passing thru a fused disconnect, where there is a meter socket with 200A main breaker supplying the house.There is also a 30A breaker beneath the meter that supplies a separate garage/shop. The 20A breakers present are not used.

120% rule says I can only add 40A breaker in the panel.

Asked the electrician about a supply side connection between the meter and 200A main, similar to those referenced in this article (https://www.civicsolar.com/support/i...upply-side-tap). His response was that this was "illegal", could "only be used in gutters or outside", and he "didn't care what the pictures showed".

Is what the electrician says true, that this is illegal/against code?

I can clarify if I left out any pertinent info.

Any clarification and/or help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

I don't know where you are located, but I know this is legal here in North Carolina. My system was installed 2.5 years ago and this is how they connected it. I am actually adding some additioonal capacity, and the new system will be tied in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashevillian View Post
      I don't know where you are located, but I know this is legal here in North Carolina. My system was installed 2.5 years ago and this is how they connected it. I am actually adding some additioonal capacity, and the new system will be tied in the same way.
      IA
      Thank you for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X