Small utility solar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small utility solar project

Planning a small utility project that is shown in the photo. Disregarding the DC, what are thoughts on most efficient and lowest cost for the AC electrical config? Back 2 rows have 20k inverters, the front 2 rows have 33.3k inverters. The utility will eventually be feed by a 480V, 150kVA transformer. Inverters are 480/277V. I have my thoughts about how I'd run it, but interested to hear other opinions and see if I can learn something.
    Attached Files

I don't have any specific comments on your design but I will say that sometimes a POCO will require some type of "grounding" transformer on your system to help improve their issue with ground fault settings at their over current protection device. Just make sure you have the POCO review your design and you might need to get a PE sign off on the drawings.

Comment

Depending on what state you are in and what utility you are connecting in, you are about ready to go down through a "rabbit hole" you wish you hadn't gone down unless you were ready for it. You most likely need to do a utility interconnect and get to deal with an interconnect study and possibly pay for utility upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWorm3 View Post
        Planning a small utility project that is shown in the photo. Disregarding the DC, what are thoughts on most efficient and lowest cost for the AC electrical config? Back 2 rows have 20k inverters, the front 2 rows have 33.3k inverters. The utility will eventually be feed by a 480V, 150kVA transformer. Inverters are 480/277V.
        Wy not use some larger inverters like the 100kva and 66.6kva
        This would be the most efficient inverter system.

https://www.solaredge.com/us/product...-three-phase#/
        https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/se_commericial_three_phase_inverters_for_the_277_4 80V_grid_datasheet_na.pdf

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Just a thought: Is this project big enough to qualify for the professional site that Sunking has referred to in the past? ... Mike Holt Forum, a Professional Electrical Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by peakbagger View Post
            Depending on what state you are in and what utility you are connecting in, you are about ready to go down through a "rabbit hole" you wish you hadn't gone down unless you were ready for it. You most likely need to do a utility interconnect and get to deal with an interconnect study and possibly pay for utility upgrades.
            Iowa. I've already done 2 other sites for this utility and I'm not worried about a rabbit hole. I understand what's necessary but I'm curious as to how other installers would approach the AC config.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post
              Limited to < 150kW AC per utility.

Comment

Originally posted by citabria View Post
                Just a thought: Is this project big enough to qualify for the professional site that Sunking has referred to in the past? ... Mike Holt Forum, a Professional Electrical Forum.
                I'm not sure what this means.

Comment

Working...
                X