Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed Solar Tariff, Get Panels now or ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Solar Tariff, Get Panels now or ??

Still a newbie regarding solar, but here is my question:

Had 7 panels installed 2 years ago, replaced old wall gas heater with heat pump this summer, with the idea of adding 4 more panels to offset the added electric draw. Well just got the estimate which is $2000 more than I had budgeted for, and was told was because of the new tariffs. So
    Do I just bite the bullet and sign, or hope pricing will come down post Trump?

I've tried to educate myself on this topic, but will admit that my eyes become crossed rather quickly

Thanks all!

C

That is pretty much BS. Panel prices have increased, but 4 grid tie panels can be a relatively inexpensive addition to the system, if there is space for mounting them and enough capacity in the existing wiring and inverter. You are probably running into some minimum charge the installer will even consider to take a job.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

The ITC Tariffs were just officially announced.
      It will be a four year program with a decreasing scale. 30% 1st year, 25% 2nd year, 20% 3rd year, 15% 4th year with an exemption on the first 2.5GW each year.
      Not as bad as the 50% the petitioners were asking for but will be an impact on the industry - although most manufacturers have already raised their prices in anticipation.
      All pretty ridiculous imho as both American made panel manufacturers had product issues that preclude me from ever using their brand amymore.
      BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Working...
      X