X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solarix
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2015

Solar United Neighbors

Here is a new solar advocacy site that is worthy of your consideration: www.SolarUnitedNeighbors.org
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Maybe. But I bet I'd probably last about 48 hrs. on that site and then be banned as a solar naysayer as I'd suspect others who might try to introduce a bit of reality to what looks to me like a hook to snare the solar ignorant dreamers.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

If the solar united group is really working toward getting a lower price by having a large number of installations in the same area it makes sense. But I wonder if the final cost of $2.50/watt before the Fed rebate is really true or just a hook to get people to join.

I was visited by someone representing vivint solar and I hit him up with some quick questions concerning panel and inverters they use along with a rough $/watt for a 6kw system.

The answers were a panel mfg I had not heard of, solar edge inverters (which is ok) and about $3.50/watt which is high.

Still if someone is planning on staying in their home for 10+ years I would expect them to recoup what they spent on the grid tie system.

Since there isn't any solar united group for Hernando County Florida I guess I will be missing out on this action.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle
        If the solar united group is really working toward getting a lower price by having a large number of installations in the same area it makes sense. But I wonder if the final cost of $2.50/watt before the Fed rebate is really true or just a hook to get people to join.

I was visited by someone representing vivint solar and I hit him up with some quick questions concerning panel and inverters they use along with a rough $/watt for a 6kw system.

The answers were a panel mfg I had not heard of, solar edge inverters (which is ok) and about $3.50/watt which is high.

Still if someone is planning on staying in their home for 10+ years I would expect them to recoup what they spent on the grid tie system.

Since there isn't any solar united group for Hernando County Florida I guess I will be missing out on this action.
        Vivant, right ?

And you let them in the door ?

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by J.P.M.

Vivant, right ?

And you let them in the door ?
          I did not know who he was representing until he gave me his card. I "learned" him on what I knew about solar and he stopped pressing the sales pitch.

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle

I did not know who he was representing until he gave me his card. I "learned" him on what I knew about solar and he stopped pressing the sales pitch.
            Understood.

Comment

Working...