X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonvr
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

My first month on SCE NEM1.0 and TOU-A

I just completed my first month on both NEM1.0 (made it in under the wire) and TOU-A in SoCal on SCE. I had one full month before that on tiered rates and NEM1.0

For the month of August, my total due was 9.54 which represents my minimum charge. I over produced by 78kWh. I wound up with a 95.11 credit, but that included 7.50 in credits due to Save Power Day incentives (PTR), so 87.61 credit for the energy alone

The spreadsheet I generated (with a lot of borrowing from spreadsheets I found around here) showed an expected 87.95 credit, so really quite accurate (only off by 34 cents). By comparison, if I didn't have solar and was still on tiered rates I estimate it would have been 210.93. Tiered rates with solar would have been a credit of 11.81. So, I'm obviously getting a good benefit from solar, but also a huge benefit from TOU-A - about 76 dollars for the month.

The only real load shifting I've done was to run my VS pool pump from midnight to 7:30am instead of mid-day. I do try to run the dishwasher at night as well.

My guess is that I should actually increase my off-peak usage and I might be able to actually drive down my actual due amount for the month due to actually getting a positive generation charge. Also, because I overproduced my baseline credit worked against me to the tune of 7.10 (which just feels weird to be a charge instead of credit, but again, my spreadsheet was dead on showing a 7.11 baseline credit hit)

I didn't see other threads about how peoples first months on solar are working out, so if there is somewhere to put this, feel free to move the post
Working...