Sharp Shift Stiffs Solar as CPUC appoves later TOU Peak Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Page 17, same link I shared in your thread.

http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PublishedDoc.../194599448.PDF

Ugh, don't mind me, I'll be over here having lost my mind. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UkiwiS View Post

Have you re-run the numbers yet?
      Yea. Depending some, but not a terrible amount on location, and using PVWatts numbers for Miramar MCAS, for a mostly south facing, unshaded array tilted at ~ 20 deg. or so, using the old (current) DR - SES rates and times, every installed STC kW of PV will produce about, something like $ 510 /yr. in revenue value (at an average value/generated kWh of ~ $0.2998/kWh) to offset an electric bill. The same array, working under what looks like the new DR - SES rates and times will probably, if the numbers currently being thrown about hold, produce something like, roughly,$390 - $400 /yr. in revenue value (at an average value/generated kWh of ~ $0.2296/kWh) to offset an electric bill. The lower average value is a direct result of peak pricing time shifts that cause the strong solar generating times to carry a lower per kW value both when used and when generated.

So, provided that the array offsets less than 100 % of usage, a 5 STC kW array will produce, very roughly, and subject to how the final DR - SES rates and times flush out, ($510 - $395)* 5 = ~ $575/yr. less array revenue to offset an electric bill, regardless of the size of that bill. Oversizing an array will change those numbers and actually reduce the $ offset value per kWh produced, mostly because of the low amount the POCO pays for overgeneration.

Stay tuned for film at 11. Bulletins as they break.

Comment

Working...
      X