X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AzRoute66
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2017

Formatted Historical Hourly Temperature

Been poking around looking for a source for historical hourly temperature data for my city to download. Thought that was something that I could just download from wunderground but that solution isn't obvious from what I have seen.

Optimal would be in CSV or Excel format, text is fine. Hourly would be best, but shorter interval would be fine.

No specific dates, at the moment interested in the two or three weeks prior to the current day. Bonus if dewpoint or humidity is also available.

This isn't important enough to type it in, if it isn't crazy easy, I'll skip it.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Try the TMY data base for a start. also the 15 and 30 year records that the TMY's are pulled from. Depending on your area, some of the temperature data may be archival, some of the temp. data may be synthetic, but it'll be the same temp. data a lot of the big modeling programs use.

Also try NOAA and see what they have. I used their climate data base for many years before TMY was around. If you get to 30 year records, have fun averaging 8,760 hourly records/yr. for 30 or so years.

What's your city ? TMY 3 has hourly weather for 1020 or so U.S. locations. As I wrote, a lot to most of the data is synthetic but it's the same data lot of the models use.

Comment

• AzRoute66
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2017

I'm in Sierra Vista, AZ - and at the moment only interested in the actual temperatures recorded for the last few weeks. No models need apply.

Thanks.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by AzRoute66
        I'm in Sierra Vista, AZ - and at the moment only interested in the actual temperatures recorded for the last few weeks. No models need apply.

Thanks.
        Check the Weatherunderground for sits near you.

Comment

• sensij
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2014

You could make an account with Mesowest. Here is temp data for August from Pioneer Airfield (station ID = KALK).

KALK.csv.pdf

I called it a pdf so the site would let me upload it, but it is really a csv. Just click on the link to downlaod it, and change the extension back to csv to open it.

Lots more where that came from, not quite one-click but close to it.

Attached Files
          CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• AzRoute66
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2017

Sensij,

I had forgotten about MesoWest, I used that when we first started elk hunting in Unit 9 many moons ago but didn't have an account. Set up the account, found my station, and had my first hourly download in about three minutes total. Not only temp but the bonus variables as well. It is not very well behaved data (some hours have multiple or spuriously timed entries) but I can see it will be very easy to clean up. This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...