Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid system fault

Hi
    i have got 2400w hybrid charger so i buoght 4 300w panels for 500w load, 1st day it ran smoothly but PV current wasaround 5A but second day the panel vlltage drop to about 24v its rated 36v. And i have 2 12v 100ah batteries in series. Kindly sort this out.
    Ty

Hello Shaikh Emmad and welcome to Solar Panel talk

Hard to tell what the problem is without more information on your equipment, and system wiring.

It could be the panels, or charger or possible even fuses that are not working or incorrectly wired.

Did you do the wiring or did someone else install your system?

Comment

I did the wiring, initially everything was good panels gave 36v dc and i have them in parallel for increased current but current didnt get above 5A.

Comment

Sounds like you have a wiring issue or a charging issue.

If you batteries do not need a charge then your CC will put out a lot less then what your panels can produce.

If your panels have a wiring issue then one may be canceling out another which may be why you are no longer getting the 36volt output. More then 2 parallel wired panels (or strings) require fusing and it is possible a fuse has blown or something is causing the voltage to drop.

Have you checked each panel individually to see if it produces close to the nameplate Imp & Vmp around Noon? Remember your battery system needs to be below 90% SOC so it will require the CC to give it whatever the panel can provide.

Comment

Can u tell me how i should place my panels i mean facing and tilt

Comment

Originally posted by Shaikh Emmad View Post
            Can u tell me how i should place my panels i mean facing and tilt
            Based on current technology the best direction would be to face your panels Due South if you live North of the equator. If you live South then face them Due North

The angle of the panels is best at the Latitude at which you live. I live in Central West Florida with a Latitude around 28 so my panels would be best aimed Due South at a 28 degree angle.

Of course in the Winter with the sun being lower in the sky the panels would work better at a greater angle then at Summer time. If you can change the angle of your panels based on the season then you can harvest more power throughout the year. Otherwise you pick a fixed angle for all year round. Of course the roof angle will usually dictate what angle the panels are at.

Comment

So i live in karachi its latitude is 24,53 then i should tilt them at 24 degree from vertical? And it is is northern amd eastern hemisphare so i can fave towards south or west both or southwest.

Comment

24 degrees from horizontal. Horizontal being laying flat. 24 degrees from vertical would be too upright and would translate to 66 degrees from horizontal.
                2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

So i live in karachi its latitude is 24,53 then i should tilt them at 24 degree from vertical? And it is is northern amd eastern hemisphare so i can fave towards south or west both or southwest.
                  No not 24 degree from vertical.

As littleharbor states it would be 24 degree from horizontal. Or up 24 degree from laying flat on the ground.

And they can be pointed South or West or Southwest but due South is usually the best.

Comment

So i want to know also that my PV current is not going above 5A but charging current of inverter is rated 50A

Comment

So i want to know also that my PV current is not going above 5A but charging current of inverter is rated 50A
                      Your PV current is not related to the charging current out of your inverter. They have nothing to do with each other.

Comment

If that charger is a PWM type and you wired those 4 300W panels in parallel to the charge controller you should be getting at maximum 4 x the Imp rating of a panel if the battery needs charging.

If that charger is an MPPT type then you should have wired them in series to it and you should be getting at maximum about 50amps of charging if the battery needs it.

So how did you wire those panels and have you checked to make sure that you have good connections between the panels and charge controller?

Comment

I have wired them in parallel on 1st day they gave 36V but current not more than 5A then on 2nd day volts dropped to 23V and the battery discharged below low point but then when i turned on AC power the pv current was still 0A to 5A

Comment

Originally posted by jflorey2 View Post
                            Your PV current is not related to the charging current out of your inverter. They have nothing to do with each other.
                            I need to know how can i check my charging current from the inverter as it has no option also some other parameters

Comment

Get yourself a dc clamp meter. Not sure what's available in your country but whatever is make sure it is rated for DC amperage.
                              2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
                              X