Oncor seeks to change the rules of their Solar game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oncor seeks to change the rules of their Solar game

This is from PV magazine. I had not heard about any hearing on this public or otherwise. But this seems to be a huge steaming pile of BS. Would like to get some of y'alls thoughts on it:

https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2017/03/...lar-customers/
    Texas utility proposes bizarre fixed charges for solar customers

In the years that pv magazine has been monitoring utility attempts to stop distributed solar with rate design, we

Texas has no NET METERING LAWS and electricity is dirt cheap in TX down to 7-cents per Kwh. TX has no need for solar and TX utilities are not going to pass those losses to rate payers. Now that Trump pulled the plug on NoBamas Employment Prevention Agency policy, rates will go down even more. If Solar users want to use OnCore's Transmission Network to interconnect, they will have to pay for it, not rate payers.

In states with NET METERING LAWS utilities are allowed to pass those losses to rate payers. In other words a entitlement for the wealthy who can afford to have solar. Not fair to rate payers. It is not just TX, all states are now pushing back now that the public knows their rates are being jacked up to cover solar users. That is one reason democrats were thrown out of office. People are tired of it. Did not matter who the GOP put up for election. A Sock Puppet or Ham Sandwhich would have beat Billiary. NoBama put Chump in office.
    Last edited by Sunking; 03-29-2017, 04:38 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Thanks for that post, I missed it at the time. Oncor sure does seem like it's trying to knife the baby before it gets too big.

Here's a direct link to the local story:
      ​​​​​​dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/03/24/new-oncor-going-new-target-homeowners-solar-panels

I hope regulators require a study of benefits as well as costs of solar+storage to the grid before approving anything like this.

Comment

Thanks for the political drivel Sunking. You're obviously another Trump supporter with more headworms than gray matter. Bone up on your Russian, you're gonna need it, dumbass!! Now I remember why I no longer visit this site.....YOU! You're a pompous self righteous ...., just like Trump! lol
        Last edited by SunEagle; 06-04-2017, 01:29 PM. Reason: erased bad language.

Comment

I tell ya sunking it's lefties like that that will be the downfall of your country

Comment

Originally posted by merc4 View Post
            Thanks for the political drivel Sunking. You're obviously another Trump supporter with more headworms than gray matter. Bone up on your Russian, you're gonna need it, dumbass!! Now I remember why I no longer visit this site.....YOU! You're a pompous self righteous asshole, just like Trump! lol
            Hey do not blame me for Chump, that is completely on democrats. Between Nobama and Biliary the GOP could have put up a Sock Puppet and beat Biliary. Guess what happened?

As for TX there is no Net Metering Laws period. That is just a fact and here are some other facts. TX has some of the lowest electric rates in the country, and an exporter of energy. TX generates more RE than any other state in the USA or country in the world. If TX had Net Metering Laws electric rates would be higher because there would be a hidden tax in the rate to make up for the losses. With no Net Metering Laws utilities can do anything they want. TX is a deregulated state giving way for competition and low rates. Texans do not pay state income tax either, and I bet that drives you crazy. So if I can get under your skin, me happy.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by merc4 View Post
              Thanks for the political drivel Sunking. You're obviously another Trump supporter with more headworms than gray matter. Bone up on your Russian, you're gonna need it, dumbass!! Now I remember why I no longer visit this site.....YOU! You're a pompous self righteous ....., just like Trump! lol
              Well if you don't like coming here I can oblige. Have a nice vacation.

Comment

I have said all along that if it weren't for rebates and the federal tax credit and if you can't get your ROI down to 5 years or less that solar in Texas is not worth doing. I can say that I spent roughly 8500 on my system. my electric bill has not been over 50 bucks since and a lot of months it is zero or they pay me for over production. I think my system has paid for itself early altho I haven't ran the math since math makes my head hurt. as far as how much electricity costs here, it will depend on who your provider is and not everyone has a choice of providers. I have seen as high as 14 cents and low of 6.something

Comment

Working...
                X