Delta Lightning Arrestors LA302R on my schneider conext system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Lightning Arrestors LA302R on my schneider conext system

Happy New year to all in this forum. my question is i buy delta lightning arrestor LA302R to use in my schneider sw2524 system in especific schneider ac breaker box.and i not expert in electrical connection.i need were conect the cables. the cable white on the AC GND BUS Bus or N BUS?. the black cable to L1 and L2.? any idea thaks for your help.
    Attached Files

I don't know what the data sheet/instruction sheet with the Delta says - but that's what I suggest you use.

Another thought, my Delta's are outdoors, on the PV array poles, protecting the DC lines before they enter the building, I want to keep the lightning OUTSIDE, not bring it indoors just to send it back out to ground.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Well if you have to ask, you are better off hiring someone who knows what they are doing. As Mike said anywhere inside and/or improperly terminated will have the exact opposite result you want inviting lightning to come right on in put it feet upon table, and hand out with you. If properly located and connected does little to nothing.
      Last edited by Sunking; 12-29-2016, 11:42 AM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
        Well if you have to ask, you are better off hiring someone who knows what they are doing. As Mike said anywhere inside and/or improperly terminated will have the exact opposite result you want inviting lightning to come right on in put it feet upon table, and hand out with you. If properly located and connected does little to nothing.
        It is interesting that the manufacturer, Delta provides some detail showing their AC lightning arrestor (3 wire) being mounted at the load center or circuit breaker panel which is usually inside a building.

It also shows a DC arrestor (2 wire + ground) wired to a combiner box between the panels and inverter which is more than likely outside..
        Last edited by SunEagle; 12-29-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

It is interesting that the manufacturer, Delta provides some detail showing their AC lightning arrestor (3 wire) being mounted at the load center or circuit breaker panel which is usually inside a building..
          Well SE you have been in this biz as long as I have, and we know just because you mancfacture something does not mean they know what they are doing. How many times have you seen a manufacture spec of CNC Machines that require the user to install an Isolated Ground Rod to make the CNC work properly?

You, myself, and even a Sparky worth his salt knows that is BS, illegal, extremely dangerous, and can render the CNC Machine useless. If you think CNC is bad, TVSS manufactures are even more clueless at times as I think is the case here. Sadly the subject is very misunderstood and even some engineers really do not understand. It is not something taught in school or a book. Like how to make and save money, there is no book or taught in school. Well there is, I wrote a couple on Power Protection Engineering, but you have to be a club member to get a copy or pay to go to a application lecture to IEEE.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

Well SE you have been in this biz as long as I have, and we know just because you mancfacture something does not mean they know what they are doing. How many times have you seen a manufacture spec of CNC Machines that require the user to install an Isolated Ground Rod to make the CNC work properly?

You, myself, and even a Sparky worth his salt knows that is BS, illegal, extremely dangerous, and can render the CNC Machine useless. If you think CNC is bad, TVSS manufactures are even more clueless at times as I think is the case here. Sadly the subject is very misunderstood and even some engineers really do not understand. It is not something taught in school or a book. Like how to make and save money, there is no book or taught in school. Well there is, I wrote a couple on Power Protection Engineering, but you have to be a club member to get a copy or pay to go to a application lecture to IEEE.
            I don't disagree with you that the lightning arrestor should not be inside a building. Way too dangerous.

What I was saying is that the arrestor manufacturer shows where to install their AC arrestor and goes on to make someone feel that is ok.

I find that both interesting and very disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
              I find that both interesting and very disturbing.
              Me too.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
              X