X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Taking some vacation time

Starting tomorrow and ending sometime next week I will be vacationing in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee. I will have access to the internet but I will not be spending much (if any) time on this forum so that I can focus on my family's fun time and getting a little R&R..
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Fantastic, enjoy. Do what I do when I go on vacation. Leave everything electronic at home with no way for anyone to find you. Sequester yourself no TV, radio, phones, tablets, laptops, ect.. 20/30/40's something today have no idea what it means to unplug with no outside contact. .Like I tell my kids and friends, if someone dies while I am gone, they will still be dead when I get back. No reason to ruin a vacation with with bad news until you get home.

Have fun and unplug.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• solar pete
      Administrator
      • May 2014

Originally posted by SunEagle
      Starting tomorrow and ending sometime next week I will be vacationing in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee. I will have access to the internet but I will not be spending much (if any) time on this forum so that I can focus on my family's fun time and getting a little R&R..

Howdy mate, hope you have heaps of fun, cheers

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by solar pete

Howdy mate, hope you have heaps of fun, cheers
        Thanks I will do my best to relax. Especially after today where we have two newbees that insist on building an off grid system thinking it will save them money. I am tired of trying to help them understand not to waste their money but it seems like talking to a brick wall.

So the vacation sounds like what I need. Have fun keeping the peace while I am gone. Cheers back at ya.

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

I am tired of trying to help them understand not to waste their money but it seems like talking to a brick wall.
          OK do what I do. When they are idiots and refuse to listen, have fun with it, tell them exactly what it will takes, links where to buy the equipment. Help them bankrupt themselves and have fun with it. Fools and money will soon part ways.

MSEE, PE

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Thanks I will do my best to relax. Especially after today where we have two newbees that insist on building an off grid system thinking it will save them money. I am tired of trying to help them understand not to waste their money but it seems like talking to a brick wall.

So the vacation sounds like what I need. Have fun keeping the peace while I am gone. Cheers back at ya.
            NOMB, but I wouldn't take it quite so seriously. Like Strouther Martin's character in "Cool Hand Luke" : " What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach".

Breath deep.

Comment

Working...