Using 2 inverters in parallel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 2 inverters in parallel

I have replaced my setup with a new Magnum 24 volt inverter. It's a 4000 watt inverter. I still a have a 6000 watt low frequency inverter that I might be able to use, too, if I knew how to use it. Is it possible to use these two in parallel? I'm off grid and use a generator from time to time. The generator takes over and charges the batteries with AC current and DC charger when I do use it. I'm not sure about how to hook the 6000 LF up with the Magnum. Anyone done this? if so, can you tell me a little about how to do it.

In general the only way that battery powered, off-grid, inverters can have their outputs in parallel is if they are from the same manufacturer and are specifically designed for parallel operation. Usually this requires that they be the same or similar model as well as brand and that they be connected with a specific parallel operation communication harness.

Grid tie inverters, on the other hand, can be freely put in parallel since they will all synchronize to the same grid-supplied voltage reference.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Sounds like you are the proud new owner of a Boat Anchor.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
      X