SCAMMERS SCAMMERS... Everywhere. BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAMMERS SCAMMERS... Everywhere. BEWARE

Just like in the mid 90s when the Internet started to take off and become a craze, scammers are taking advantage of the solar gold rush and cashing in on people's ignorance.

I have not personally been scammed, yet, I doubt I will be because I do my homework, but, in the past few months of me studying solar I have seen many people crying the blues because;

1.They bought bad crap from China with no warranty. Instructions come in Chinese.
    2. Hired a solar company to install solar and got screwed in one way or another
    3. Fly by night contractors do damage to roofs which lead to mold and much more damage
    4. Solar companies promising a ROI in much quicker time than what is on paper in the final draft.
    5. Solar companies installing solar on a 50 year old poorly insulated home without advising to make the home more energy efficient before going solar to lower the cost of system.
    6. Solar companies not properly explaining the buy back on electricity from their local electric company.

BUYING AN RV FROM CRAIGSLIST

I am currently trying to buy an RV... 1 out of every 4 ads is a scam. WHEN BUYING OR SELLING A BIGGER TICKET ITEM ONLINE, ALWAYS, AND I REPEAT ALWAYS, TAKE THE 30 SECONDS TO GOOGLE THE PERSON'S EMAIL ADDRESS. You may be shocked at what you find. 30 seconds could save you thousands.

They always have a story too... Something like "I am out of state and have a broker to deal with it" or "I am in the military and my father died and I am selling off his estate through a broker"

WHEN SOMEONE BUYS A BIGGER TICKET ITEM FROM YOU

Here is the scam...

They buy the item, send you a cashier's check. You send check to bank, it clears. Bank does not know that check was drawn on a recently closed bank, takes your bank 3-6 weeks to figure this out. Meantime you ship item, 5 weeks later bank comes back to you and says "Hey, that check you gave up for $5000, it bounced" you then owe your bank the money. You are now out of your money, your item, and you shipped it to them on your dime.
    Last edited by austexdude469; 10-21-2016, 04:09 PM.

This ad, is a scam
    http://collegestation.craigslist.org...836239930.html

This RV would have sold at that price in TEN MINUTES but yet the ad runs week after week.

Comment

Working...
    X