SK Gone 4 While

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SK Gone 4 While

Well on the second Saturday of October has always been a big weekend for me. I go to Dallas TX and watch the OU/TX Red River Shoot Out at the TX State Fair, and celebrate my birthday which I plan to do and leave tomorrow for Dallas.

However looks like after the game I get to go make a ton of MONEY. Sunday I am to make my way to Jacksonville FL to take part in Hurricane Recovery. FP& L has contracted me again to help put th egrid back in working Order. I get 25 Line Truck Crews and a army of supplies and fuel. Could take 4 weeks.

This will be my 9th Hurricane Recovery to go along 12 ice storms, and God know how many Twister disasters. Being retired and working as Consulting is quite rewarding. Not much sleep, but the money is good. Even get guards to guard the compound which is one of the utilities Operational facilities.

See you on the other-side..

If you live on the east coast get out now. My prayers are with you. Don;t be a fatality. As for Solar Market is great news. Everything will need replaced.
    MSEE, PE

May God be with you.

Comment

Howdy SK, happy birthday for tomorrow, hope you dont have too much work to do in Florida

Comment

Happy Birthday, and work safe !
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Happy Birthday!
          It will be eerily quiet without you for awhile, but we will try to carry on your mission.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Happy Bday Sunking. Stay safe during the restoration. I am lucky being on the West coast. We are only getting a little rain and some wind enough to fly kites. The East coast is getting the crap kicked out of it. I know Jacksonville will not be a pretty sight come Sunday.

Take care. And I am sure you will remember that if it isn't grounded it isn't dead.

Comment

Happy Birthday SunKing. we here in Broward have been spared. We didn't even lose electricity. now to pick up some sticks.

Comment

My son is in Del Ray Beach but not near the shore. He said it was a non-event in his neighborhood. Didn't lose power, no flooding and only a few tree limbs broken. I'm sure others are not so luckly.
                Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Well that turned out to be a whole lot of NOTHING. At least in Florida.

Thanks everyone.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

Sorry it did not work out for you, but I would say the people of FL got real lucky we did not get as much damage and power outages as first expected.

Comment

Actually I am good with it. FPL asked first. If I really wanted I could go to the Carolina's, but just as happy to go home. I was going to Dallas anyway.
                      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                      X