Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oulous
    • Jul 2016

Registering with the state after installation in MD

I called a couple of brokers and they told me my installer should have registered my panels with Maryland. My installer wont
    do it so I have been trying to fill out the online form to get my ID number for the panels. I have twice been rejected. Anyone
    else have an installer that didnt register the system after installation?
  • organic farmer
    Solar Fanatic
    • Dec 2013

What kind of 'brokers' ?

I had no idea that any state required your photovoltaic panels to be registered.

I would think that your state mandates all installers to be licensed by the state. If registering your panels is a requirement, then your installer should know about it. Maybe you could speak with the office that licenses the installers?

Your state requires that you have an 'ID number' to register your panels, how odd. Have you gone down to their office and spoken with them in person?
    4400w, Midnite Classic 150 charge-controller.

Comment

• oulous
      • Jul 2016

I have not gone to visit them in person but thats a good idea. I did leave 2 messages for the person at the MD commission I am supposed to call if I have a problem but that was 2 weeks ago and no call back. The brokers I spoke to are the SREC brokers. I called them to ask what do I have to do to get that process going and they told me about registering in MD. My own installer didn't bother to mention it!

Comment

• organic farmer
        Solar Fanatic
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by oulous
        I have not gone to visit them in person but thats a good idea. I did leave 2 messages for the person at the MD commission I am supposed to call if I have a problem but that was 2 weeks ago and no call back. The brokers I spoke to are the SREC brokers. I called them to ask what do I have to do to get that process going and they told me about registering in MD. My own installer didn't bother to mention it!
        Of course, Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) are tradable environmental commodities, and can be bought, sold, or traded on the open market. So obviously they have brokers.

It was silly of me to have missed that.

4400w, Midnite Classic 150 charge-controller.

Comment

• eryeal
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by oulous
          That's extremely odd that you would have a solar installer make no mention of SREC's at all, anytime in the process. Much less that they don't start the registration process for you or help you at all. That's one bad installer.

Comment

Working...