Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robhho123
    • Aug 2016

6x6 solar cells performance

Hi Guys I'm new hear and am building a off grid system. I bought loads of 6x6 polycrystalline solar cells they are supposed to be .5v @ 8A each cell but on testing the cells
    the max I have got is around 3.3A in direct sunlight. Has anyone else tested these type of solar cells and what current were they getting.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Rob
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by robhho123
    Hi Guys I'm new hear and am building a off grid system. I bought loads of 6x6 polycrystalline solar cells
    I think most people have given up on doing their own panel building. The panels are just so cheap that financially it doesn't make sense to buy all the materials for the panel and spend all the time to manufacture them yourself. It's amazing what scaling up of manufacturing does for prices.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by robhho123
      Hi Guys I'm new hear and am building a off grid system. I bought loads of 6x6 polycrystalline solar cells they are supposed to be .5v @ 8A each cell but on testing the cells
      the max I have got is around 3.3A in direct sunlight. Has anyone else tested these type of solar cells and what current were they getting.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Rob
      It is possible you have found out that those cells are really just rejects and will never come close to meeting the claimed output of 8A.

Comment

Working...