• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarineLiner
    replied
    Solar Panel Mass Production Possibilities

Originally posted by Jasun View Post
    I think mass production of solar energy is good, but ..... With the mass produced energy, the energy is being sold to electricity companies .....
    Thanks for moving the thread here.
    As i've found it, maybe we could change also the title such as: "Solar Panel Mass Production Possibilities" or anything else you think will be better.
    Sorry again, i mean the solar panels prdction. not the electricity, as i was inspired by the news in gawaher.com:
    If it possible, panel price can greatly be reduced. As what i heard, the most obstacle is the expensive price. Or, do you think it's already reasonable?
    Sorry if i make you dizzy.
    Last edited by MarineLiner; 06-21-2009, 04:05 AM. Reason: add the link

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    I moved your thread to a different forum to encourage more discussion as you suggested.

Our country has a bit of debt too. The major factor driving the decision to go solar in the United States (as well as other countries) are the government incentives. Our government gives any home owner who buys a solar panel system a 30% tax incentive. On top of that some particular states give additional incentives. People are seeing on average of $10,000-$15,000 taken off the total cost of their system. If these government incentives didn't exist, there would be a lot less talk about solar.

I think mass production of solar energy is good, but I like the idea of having solar panels on individual homes more. With the mass produced energy, the energy is being sold to electricity companies for a profit, then the home owner still has to buy the electricity at a premium rate. When a homeowner has them on their home, they are directly benefiting from their very own solar panels. Not only that, but there would be really hefty costs for distributing all that electricity from the desert in the middle east to homes throughout.

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    I found from google

Originally posted by Jasun View Post
    no problem about this conversation in the welcome forum. ...

so is there a lot of talk about solar energy in Indonesia?

is the government wanting to use more of it?
    I found this site from google.

i'm afraid nowadays people just talk more about who will be the president and the vice, as we will hv the election in june.

if the minister said like that, means we should work hard toward solar energy. while the price of the instalation still expensive, i interested to the mass prdction as said in middle east.

our govmnt.is drawn in debt. so if we can hv investors, i think we can
    go ahead.

what do you think?

btw: i still worry not too many will participate if we discuss in this section. sorry.

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    Thanks a lot. Yes it is, inspite of the minister of energy and mineral resources of the republic of Indonesia, as i said in earlier posts. Hope we can do something to have a better country.

Leave a comment:

• Sharon_Hart
    replied
    Welcome to SPT Marineliner! From what I understand, Indonesia is a beautiful place!

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    good morning marineliner. no problem about this conversation in the welcome forum. I appreciate it no matter what forum it's in.

so is there a lot of talk about solar energy in Indonesia? is the government wanting to use more of it? oh and just out of curiosity, how did you find this website?

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    picture of indonesia

Thanks. That time i also thought he's wrong. But because it's a report on TV news, i can't interupt, and unfortunately he's the minister of energy and mineral resources of the republic of Indonesia. I'm afraid we should discuss further in the other section, as this is the welcome section.

Meanwhile, i found this link as a little "picture" of solar panel in Indonesia.

http://sunergy.indonetwork.co.id/gro...naga-surya.htm

Leave a comment:

• BayGirl
    replied
    no I don't think thats true. if indonesia was completely covered in solar panels, it would probably power the entire world with enough electricity.

According to Wikipedia, In the Sahara desert, with less cloud cover and a better solar angle, one can obtain closer to 8.3 kWh/m

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    Want to watch closely toward the progress.

I had ever heard beside the panel price remain expensive, even if all lands of indonesia covered by the panels, we can't get enough electricity power. Is it true?

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    Here are some links that may help:

http://www.solarbuzz.com

www.atkearney.de/content/misc/wrapper.php/name/file_tapping-the-sun_12293589478282.pdf

just let me know what you want to know, and I'll do my best to help out

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    Solar Power And Desalination: Gold Mines For The Middle East - Islamic Forum

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    my friends at gawaher.com discussing a news about middle east planning to produce solar cells:

Solar Power And Desalination: Gold Mines For The Middle East - Islamic Forum
    Last edited by MarineLiner; 05-02-2009, 02:53 AM. Reason: add the link

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    what type of information are you looking for exactly?

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    Thanks.
    I'm looking for newest progress about mass production of solar pv cells and panels.
    Last edited by MarineLiner; 05-02-2009, 02:17 AM. Reason: auto quoting not intended.

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    nope, the welcome posts are not automated. I'm on here quite frequently and try to personally welcome all new members when I can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X