Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Grid-Tie payback - how to reduce bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Grid-Tie payback - how to reduce bills?

Hi,

I live in country that does not allow or offer Grid-Tie payback. So I figure, why not an off-grid solar in an effort to reduce my electricity bill.

When the batteries are fully charged, the grid is automatically disconnected and my home runs off the battery (solar cells still supplying power to the system if there is still daylight) until the batteries run down and need charging, at that point the grid is reconnected to help charge the batteries if there is no sunlight (or wait till the sun comes up).

The object is a system to use as little grid power as possible (or to put it another way, use free solar as much as possible to supply my energy needs).

This should reduce my electricity bills considerably. However, I know for this to be worth it, system timing is critical, grid power expensive, and perhaps a few other things I have not thought of, but out of curiosity, is there such a system available, or maybe purchase the individual modules and connect together?

Thanks for your help

How much do you pay for a Kwh? Only way for you to save with off-grid battery is if you pay $2 Kwh and no one pays that much.

Sent via Droid
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Can you explain further or indicate your country?
      >> I live in country that does not allow or offer Grid-Tie payback.

Do you mean your power company does not allow Net-Metering for homeowner solar pv?

You will spend an awful lot of money to build the system you mentioned (when using durable, good-quality parts). What is the total maximum kWh do you use per-day and sum-total per-month?
      PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Working...
      X