No announcement yet.

Get an almost free 10KW solar system compliments of Progress Energy, in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get an almost free 10KW solar system compliments of Progress Energy, in Florida

Progress energy of Florida (which was bought out by Duke a few months ago) is offering their rebate again, I think around the beginning of October.

Last year money ran out in the first 10 minutes. The web site started giving errors with in 5 minutes.

You must be patient and try to constantly log on. Eventually after 45 minutes or so I was able to complete the application.

Then a month latter was told I did not make the cut off.

Then 6 months latter I was told the people ahead of me weren't able to complete the application and it was my turn.

Now we've got a 10KW system for pennies on the dollar.

I'm getting ready to apply this Monday. Was the link to the application in a visibile place once you log into your account , did it become visible right at their 8am window ?
    Thanks

Comment

i dont' know.

last year the application was ON their WEB page, NOT on your account, but things may have changed due to all the issues they had last year. Obviously too many people tried to log on last year. Who can blame them when 20 grand is being given out?

If you don't have exact details of your system, don't worry they will let you alter it if you get approved. I had to change the solar panels used because the company I was going to buy them from went backrupt! Also changed inverters, basically the whole system. still waiting for check !!!!

Comment

How long ago did you turn on your system or when did finalize progress interconnection.

Comment

why do you want to know?

Next thing you'll want my SS#, credit report and blood type

Comment

Did you take your pink pill today....... ? No , Take a deep breath , turn around , you still have time.

The reason I'm asking is to know the turn around time for Progress to cut a check . 20k is no chump change by all means, not for me at least . I would like to know a real life time frame from the time the system is checked off by them to the actual check showing up in the mail and since you mention that yours hasn't come yet it makes me wonder.

"Next thing you'll want my SS#, credit report and blood type"
            Nah i don't really need all that , picture will suffice.
            Last edited by Naptown; 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM. Reason: offensive language

Comment

dirtysanchez, maybe in the future you will realize that insulting the only person who could of answered your question and also woudl of freely given you advice on the ins and outs of gettting a rebate wasnt the smartest thing to do.

Comment

Thanks a bunch , you can keep your advice . I'd rather not make anyone paranoid with my detailed questions that would compromise your personal identity . The last thing I would want to have anyone fall victim to identity theft because they disclosed too much information about their solar panel install.

Comment

good luck. with that kind of response I'm sure others will just want to jump right in and help you.

you're the kind of person who asks where their luggage is when they are rescued off a plane that is sinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ppreceipt View Post
                    you're the kind of person who asks where their luggage is when they are rescued off a plane that is sinking.
                    Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion , but thanks for all the help and God bless you ..........

Comment

Working...
                    X