Lease my roof to a solar equipment owner?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJ SolarTown
    • Jan 2012

I completely agree with servant74, homeowners and people should carefully evaluate any situation that will significantly impact your home or lifestyle. It is prudent to not rush into a situation you do not know enough about.

As a homeowner, if you want to explore the possibility the Utility provider is a good starting point. Maybe an Aggregator as well.

Comment

• jonson07
      • Oct 2012

Hi everyone today i want to share with you something which is that I have 5 months left on my lease, and the roof has leaked since I moved in. The landlord will not fix it. Can I get out of my lease?
      Good old fashioned family Service

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jonson07
        Hi everyone today i want to share with you something which is that I have 5 months left on my lease, and the roof has leaked since I moved in. The landlord will not fix it. Can I get out of my lease?
        You need to talk to a local lawyer about that problem
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• inetdog
          Super Moderator
          • May 2012

Originally posted by Naptown
          Impressive! But one building, one very large roof and 17 business tenants. The only connection to leasing I could find, within the article anyway, was that the landlord/management company had the system installed and it is providing rate benefits to the tenants who are leasing space in the building.

I think that one of you started off envisioning residential roofs and grew them modestly to small commercial buildings, hence many installations to make a "package" for investment, while the other started off with a single installation of a scale suitable for either a very large building or a modest cow pasture.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• SolarJoe
            • Oct 2012

Two popular leasing options

Originally posted by AndrewCohn
            Hi all,

I'm a residential property investor in Maryland and wanted to explore leasing my roof top to a third party solar equipment owner. My only gain would be a fixed lease payment from the equipment owner and the owner would get use of the tax credits, SREC's and the like. I have heard of these programs before but have found nothing on the internet about them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
            Andrew a little information on two popular leasing options.

Solar lease: You pay a fixed amount every month for your solar panels. You pay the same each month, regardless of how much energy your panels produce.

Power purchase agreement: You pay a fixed rate for the electricity your panels produce. You only pay for the electricity your system produces each month.

Comment

• inetdog
              Super Moderator
              • May 2012

Originally posted by SolarJoe
              Andrew a little information on two popular leasing options.

Solar lease: You pay a fixed amount every month for your solar panels. You pay the same each month, regardless of how much energy your panels produce.

Power purchase agreement: You pay a fixed rate for the electricity your panels produce. You only pay for the electricity your system produces each month.
              How does this coordinate with Net Metering? That is, if the panels produce more in a month than the homeowner uses, who gets the Feed In Tariff or Net Metering credit?
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• russ
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SolarJoe
                Not really correct and depends on your consumption.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...