X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PenguinSolar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2013

CSI - California Solar Initiative Running Out for Residential

Was wondering for those that are monitoring the CA market. How fast do you think the CSI (CA Solar Initiative) program will be tapped out or is there a chance they may extend it with additional steps?

I checked the latest status (CSI Trigger) and seems all NorCal for Residential looks already out. So the only incentives left is the federal 30%.

Being in SoCal curious to hear thoughts as this may influence the timing on when to get solar (this year or next) and possibly the vendor depending on who can deliver quicker .

I actually asked SCE but of course that can't speculate on the rate of the remaining amounts will get claimed only that it's currently on the last step of the program.

Thanks!
  • takeastep
    • Jul 2011

Was is the latest update on this, as I am in So. Ca and have started researching if solar is economical for me at this time.

Comment

• PenguinSolar
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by takeastep
      Was is the latest update on this, as I am in So. Ca and have started researching if solar is economical for me at this time.
      Here's the latest stats for SCE which is the last region with residential incentives:

As of 8/12 only 22.96MW left. Looking at July trajectory looks like one month uses 10MW so maybe 2-3mo left? But as you can see it's starting to level off.

Again this is at the last step so it's only 20c per watt the real big one is the 30% fed which ends in 2016.

Nonetheless free money is always good.

You need to check with your installer as some file for you and front the money, others you need to wait to get the rebate which is when they turn on the system and connect to the grid.

In summary would buy sooner than later if you want the CSI rebate.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...