FIT or PPA for the Average Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIT or PPA for the Average Joe

Wanted to see what programs are out there for the average Joe.

Would like to invest in the green energy sector, but afraid to do so because of bureaucratic red tape.

Would like to look at opportunities all over the globe.

If you know of any please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by genghiskhan View Post
    Wanted to see what programs are out there for the average Joe.

Would like to invest in the green energy sector, but afraid to do so because of bureaucratic red tape.

Would like to look at opportunities all over the globe.

If you know of any please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Would like to do a solar or wind farm.

Comment

You want to leverage government funds using your own money but succeeding through government FiT paybacks? Canada has the Ontario FiT program. Go bother them to make your government fed payback.
      PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Originally posted by bonaire View Post
        You want to leverage government funds using your own money but succeeding through government FiT paybacks? Canada has the Ontario FiT program. Go bother them to make your government fed payback.
        Wowsers!

Have you been burned by the government? Just trying to see if there are programs that are available.

Comment

Originally posted by genghiskhan View Post
          Wowsers!

Have you been burned by the government? Just trying to see if there are programs that are available.
          We are all burned by the government. USA's debt is close to $ 17 Trillion and we have to figure out a way to pay that down. FiT programs where the government pays someone to to gain from it is not one of them. Canada did an .88/kWh FiT which was well out of reasonable range and I think it is back at a lower kWh price. Who loses? taxpayers. What happens with these high FiTs is that installers charge more for the install and overprice it because the people will be paid by the government after it's up. I watched a YouTube video from a Canadian couple who installed a 10kWh array for $100K. Yes, 100K. Ridiculous price for the install a couple years ago - but they were spouting "we'll have it paid off a a few years due to the FiT". Too bad for the taxpayers. Larger installs like the Solar array that went in at Sarnia (80 MW) will take advantage of the FiT, I believe.

We appreciate fairness and free markets. Large FiTs do only one thing. They tend to benefit the investor in the project. They don't help society as a whole. And when you come here asking about how you can profit from access to FiT projects - it is much like a begger in the street asking for a hand-out. It is shameful. Enjoy your search for profits but seriously, I cannot help you any more due to moral reasons. I have guilt enough from taking the Federal tax credit for my own at-home Solar PV project.
          PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Working...
          X