htxg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• htxg

New here obviously, need assistance on diy heat exchangers. System has about 10 yrs. on it and had aluminum htxg from BOC gases tanker trailer and worked well but corrosion has done them in. Have about 384 sq. ft of panels and 1600 gallon tank insulated in ground. Need ideas on best diy exchangers to construct. I thank you all for possible direction for my cause.

You can coil copper pipe in a barrel or other type of tank.
    Tube in a tube type HX work well for DIY. 1 inch copper inside 2" may work for you. BTU requirements need to be calculated to determine how long and what ID is required.

Comment

Originally posted by RegSass View Post
      New here obviously, need assistance on diy heat exchangers. System has about 10 yrs. on it and had aluminum htxg from BOC gases tanker trailer and worked well but corrosion has done them in. Have about 384 sq. ft of panels and 1600 gallon tank insulated in ground. Need ideas on best diy exchangers to construct. I thank you all for possible direction for my cause.
      I spent a long time designing heat exchangers of quite a few different types for power, industrial, chemical and other applications, but without knowing a fair amount about more about what you have, where you are and what you expect, it's not possible to offer much on the info given thus far. Sounds like you need a consultant. I'm retired. Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
      X