X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PugPower
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2019

SolarEdge cellular monitoring every 15min.

Recently got my system turned on. I have a new SolarEdge HD Wave inverter without screen and a cellular connection. It appears my inverter is updating the usage every 15 min. I was under the assumption that it would be every four hours. Did something change?
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by PugPower
    Recently got my system turned on. I have a new SolarEdge HD Wave inverter without screen and a cellular connection. It appears my inverter is updating the usage every 15 min. I was under the assumption that it would be every four hours. Did something change?
    I sometimes see longer than 15 minute delays on my SolarEdge with Ethernet. I have two SolarEdge inverters 400 miles apart. They have been installed over 18 months and both are on Ethernet and have never seen four hour delays. The data is buffered so you are not losing granularity. I became frustrated with those delays at my home so I installed other energy monitoring devices that report almost instantaneously. That way I can match some of my loads to my generation because I have a big NEM credit that I want to reduce by the time True Up rolls around.
    Last edited by Ampster; 10-17-2019, 10:32 PM.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...