X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Edge Monitoring Question

I noticed yesterday that 'Energy this month' was ~20% higher than the system production for this month on my Solar Edge dashboard. Even more peculiar is that last night they matched until the system began producing today and the ~20% difference was back. Anyone know the reason for this?

I think you have a ground fault. You probably have water underground by your ground rods and its storing energy in there like a battery and occasionally when theres heavy draw on your system its pulling the energy back out through your ground wire. But please post a picture. You're getting like a free battery backup system.

Comment

Originally posted by Markyrocks69 View Post
      I think you have a ground fault. You probably have water underground by your ground rods and its storing energy in there like a battery and occasionally when theres heavy draw on your system its pulling the energy back out through your ground wire. But please post a picture. You're getting like a free battery backup system.
      No... it's definitely just a monitoring thing. I have access to two SE systems and they both show the same thing...

Where is the 'Energy this month' figure of 1.05MWh coming from? The energy generated this month is 969.19kWh not 1.05MWh... they'll match after midnight (the lower number)... it's odd.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 10.05.14 PM.png

Comment

I'm joking!! Probably doesn't update the overall numbers until midnight. Considering 969.19+86.16=roughly 1.05 mwh

Comment

Originally posted by Markyrocks69 View Post
          I'm joking!! Probably doesn't update the overall numbers until midnight. Considering 969.19+86.16=roughly 1.05 mwh
          lol. I was about to call BS! One never knows about some people...

As to the monitoring, the optimizers only report every 15 minutes or so and the inverter only reports to the SE cloud every 4 hours (for the cellular modem). I think the issue may be the reporting to the SE cloud before all the optimizers have polled for that hour. At sundown, all can be polled for their last output and the total for the day can be reconciled and trued up.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by DrLumen View Post

lol. I was about to call BS! One never knows about some people...

As to the monitoring, the optimizers only report every 15 minutes or so and the inverter only reports to the SE cloud every 4 hours (for the cellular modem). I think the issue may be the reporting to the SE cloud before all the optimizers have polled for that hour. At sundown, all can be polled for their last output and the total for the day can be reconciled and trued up.

Just a thought...
            Yeah... that's my thought too. But if the optimizers are reporting energy production ~20% higher than the inverter that's a little troubling. Although I think the margin of error for the non-revenue grade inverters is rather high. If the inverter is reporting low and the optimizers are reporting high I suppose that could add up to ~20%?

It matched again for a short time in the morning.... it's just odd.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.10.59 AM.png

Currently...

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.53.06 PM.png

Comment

Working...
            X