Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post
    Not a good feeling hearing them drilling all over the new roof.
    FWIW, one thing of many I learned while watching (mostly from the ground) the ~ 130+ arrays that have so far been installed in my HOA is how many holes get drilled in roofs that seem to go "thump" about 3-5 seconds after the drill starts, with another hole immediately drilled and located in a place that appears to be immediately adjacent to the hole just drilled. If folks knew how much daylight and empty space is being created in their roof deck, or its longer term consequences, they might be concerned. I always suggest that my neighbors sit on their roofs, out of the way during installs and watch, and then bitch when they see what goes on (or doesn't go on) during an install. Of course no one does. Of all those installs, there's probably ~ 100 roofs with ticking leak problems.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post

Very nice surprize indeed sunpoweredev , and I'm sure it's no accident being that you and I have both been bugging them about the RGM inverter option. There has likely been some discussions in the GPE office about our requests and systems and makes up for the non-screen version you originally wanted. So looks like you paved the way for my request in a way, thanks!
    The crew is here now installing the racking. I asked the guy if the RGM inverter means there wont' be a separate RGM, he says when the team comes and actually does the electrical work and the line tap, they will install a separate RGM. Perhaps he doesn't know about the switch to the RGM inverter. I guess I will find out in the next couple of days.

Not a good feeling hearing them drilling all over the new roof.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    NJturtlePower Look what I woke up to. It showed up unannounced some time in the middle of last night here.

Of interest is the inverter. Under description it says "INVTR HD WAVE 11.4KW W/RG". Particularly the part "W/RG". Does that mean this has the revenue grade meter? I assume this contains all necessary equipment and parts for the installation, and I don't see a separate revenue grade meter in the list.

Complete model number is SE11400H-US000BNC4. ButchDeal can you shed some light on this?

Edit: my search brought me to your post #46 earlier in this thread which you've already confirmed BNC4 contains the RGM I'll have them mount it in the garage.

I read in another thread that the wifi in the inverter is strictly for local access only. Does it output realtime status through the phone app as if this had the LCD screen on the inverter?

panny2.JPGpanny1.JPG
    Very nice surprize indeed sunpoweredev , and I'm sure it's no accident being that you and I have both been bugging them about the RGM inverter option. There has likely been some discussions in the GPE office about our requests and systems and makes up for the non-screen version you originally wanted. So looks like you paved the way for my request in a way, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    replied
    NJturtlePower Look what I woke up to. It showed up unannounced some time in the middle of last night here.

Of interest is the inverter. Under description it says "INVTR HD WAVE 11.4KW W/RG". Particularly the part "W/RG". Does that mean this has the revenue grade meter? I assume this contains all necessary equipment and parts for the installation, and I don't see a separate revenue grade meter in the list.

Complete model number is SE11400H-US000BNC4. ButchDeal can you shed some light on this?
    the BNC4 part of the model number is the RGM model. See the small print note at the bottom of this document.
    https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...tasheet-na.pdf

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied

Edit: my search brought me to your post #46 earlier in this thread which you've already confirmed BNC4 contains the RGM I'll have them mount it in the garage.

I read in another thread that the wifi in the inverter is strictly for local access only. Does it output realtime status through the phone app as if this had the LCD screen on the inverter?

panny2.JPGpanny1.JPG
    Last edited by sunpoweredev; 06-19-2019, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Does the warranty cover reimbursement for lost output while the vendor waits for parts or a whole new (or reconditioned) inverter ?
    Yep you have a point there.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Oh I definitely wanted the version with the screen. When I learned on another thread that the one with the screen (presumably the older, more expensive version) and the one without the screen (can safely assume a cost cutting measure) have the same exact model number, I requested my installer to get me the one with the screen if possible. Apparently it's not possible.

Yeah the other reason I wanted inside is to protect it from the elements. Without the screen, I'm feeling less inclined to treat it well by giving up some wall space. My installer includes the extended 25yr warranty by default so I might as well just let it take the beating outside.
    Does the warranty cover reimbursement for lost output while the vendor waits for parts or a whole new (or reconditioned) inverter ?

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
    If you plan on keeping track of output or realtime monitoring, I've found a screen to be very helpful and practica. What was the reason you got for no screen ? Screen or not, I'd put the inverter in the garage and keep it out of the elements. It'll last longer with fewer potential maint. issues.
    Oh I definitely wanted the version with the screen. When I learned on another thread that the one with the screen (presumably the older, more expensive version) and the one without the screen (can safely assume a cost cutting measure) have the same exact model number, I requested my installer to get me the one with the screen if possible. Apparently it's not possible.

Yeah the other reason I wanted inside is to protect it from the elements. Without the screen, I'm feeling less inclined to treat it well by giving up some wall space. My installer includes the extended 25yr warranty by default so I might as well just let it take the beating outside.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    If you plan on keeping track of output or realtime monitoring, I've found a screen to be very helpful and practica. What was the reason you got for no screen ? Screen or not, I'd put the inverter in the garage and keep it out of the elements. It'll last longer with fewer potential maint. issues.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    NJturtlePower my install coordinator just confirmed to me that the inverter will be the screenless version. Disappointing. One less reason for me to have it inside the garage taking up wall space I guess.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post

For sure a solid roof deal, especially when rolling it into the solar financing deal.

I am pleased with the cleanup overall, but I give them a bit of slack on the couple nails I have found so far (on the lawn) considering with a double layer teardown you'll have TWICE the amount of nails coming off. On the North side roof especially not only were they stripping one row at a time via ladder, they couldn't set the tarp slide well due to my giant overgrown bushes near the house and the angle so they ended up on their hands an knees crawling through the bushes to pick up all the debris, shingle scraps and rolling the magnet for sharp goodies. Also they were sending down material in 3 seperate areas/sides so a wider area of possible strays in my mind.

I actually just bought a cheap $15 magnet roller on Amazon for piece of mind. The kids don't go barefoot often, especially on the side of the house, but better safe than sorry.... I also don't need a stray nail in my tractor tire either so let's see what I can find on my treasure hunt.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Too bad about the weather this week and GPE scheduling.... I'm waiting to hear from them as well to see where I'll be on the calendar.
    GPE actually called earlier. They'll be here tomorrow to start putting down the racking.

Good luck on your treasure hunt. I might pick one of those up since it's only $15.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Looks great NJturtlePower! Two full days of work yeah you got your money's worth. Were you pleased with their cleanup? I found a single nail after their cleanup and that was it. According to Damien, around 15k nails would be used on a roof of my size, so I was quite impressed having only found one.

I'm scheduled this week with GPE, but due to possible storm all week I don't think it will happen.
    For sure a solid roof deal, especially when rolling it into the solar financing deal.

I am pleased with the cleanup overall, but I give them a bit of slack on the couple nails I have found so far (on the lawn) considering with a double layer teardown you'll have TWICE the amount of nails coming off. On the North side roof especially not only were they stripping one row at a time via ladder, they couldn't set the tarp slide well due to my giant overgrown bushes near the house and the angle so they ended up on their hands an knees crawling through the bushes to pick up all the debris, shingle scraps and rolling the magnet for sharp goodies. Also they were sending down material in 3 seperate areas/sides so a wider area of possible strays in my mind.

I actually just bought a cheap $15 magnet roller on Amazon for piece of mind. The kids don't go barefoot often, especially on the side of the house, but better safe than sorry.... I also don't need a stray nail in my tractor tire either so let's see what I can find on my treasure hunt.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Too bad about the weather this week and GPE scheduling.... I'm waiting to hear from them as well to see where I'll be on the calendar.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Looks great NJturtlePower! Two full days of work yeah you got your money's worth. Were you pleased with their cleanup? I found a single nail after their cleanup and that was it. According to Damien, around 15k nails would be used on a roof of my size, so I was quite impressed having only found one.

I'm scheduled this week with GPE, but due to possible storm all week I don't think it will happen.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    The price of a new roof before solar install: Substantial.
    The feeling you'll get during first big rainstorm that wakes you up at night after the PV is installed knowing you did it right and got the roof serviced beforehand: Priceless.

Believe it.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    So my solar "Site Prep" is now complete with a full roof teardown and install this past weekend. The Costello Roofing crew did a great job as expected, although I think the job was a bit more than they were planning due to the quote being based on pictures alone vs a site visit. Before the job started I was told they should be done in a day....in reality the job took a bit longer.....

Friday 6/14 - Crew of 6 showed up at 7:30am and immediately seemed concerned about the steep barn style sides. They went at the rest of the roof like business as usual, leaving the almost vertical North side roof for the end. They stripped the two old layers off, removed the attic fans, patched damaged decking (a full 5 sheets like they had pre delivered sunpoweredev ) , cut the ridge venting over the garage/family room section and installed the new skylight. Although we had left for dinner in the late afternoon, I was watching via our security cameras and the crew didn't head out until about 9:30pm that night with work still remaining.

Saturday 6/15 - Crew of 3 were back at 7am to start cleaning, finishing up flashing work around the chimney, some trim work and eventually to tackle shingling of the North side roof. All said and done they rolled out about 6pm for a total of about 25-hours onsite between the two days!

I put together a few picture collages showing the Before, During and After....
    Roof Before During & After LQ.jpg

Roof B&A Front LQ.jpg
    Now just waiting on GPE to bring on the solar!
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-17-2019, 09:40 PM. Reason: Typos Corrected

Leave a comment:

Working...
X