Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunpoweredev
    replied

Very cool. Where was the show at? I have not once seen any Model 3s with any mods on the road. The silver one in that photo looks the best, very subtle. Love the wheels! My only "mod" is adding some aftermarket mud guards. I do have a set of snow tires on aftermarket wheels. I actually like those aftermarket wheels as they very subtly stick out more than the stock 18"s. Did to add spacers to your car? I've been very tempted to put spacers on my car with the stock 18s but a bit worried it may mess with the ride. My #1 complain on the car as far as looks is the wheels look a bit too set inwards. I'm seriously considering putting the auto trunk opener to my car.

Is it legal in NJ to not have front license plate? Do love that no ugly inspection sticker is required on EVs though.
    Last edited by sdold; 06-16-2020, 07:18 AM. Reason: Approved from moderation que, fixed quotes

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    Nice ride. I saw a couple of tricked out Model3s and a custom wrapped Model Y at a Supercharger last week. The Model Y suspension was lowered but nothing like that photo of the air suspension lowered one.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post

Did I type 1.4MWh for 14MWh? Yes 14MWh. Should've bought the Hanwha panels for 14,000MWh Maths, nearly a year later, you and I both

I'm going to stick with good old fashioned check in the mail. I've been keeping the cancelled checks in my physical GPE folder after I deposit them. Fourth one soon

Enjoy this weekend's awesome weather. Good day to wash the Tesla, think I'm going to do just that. Haven't been driving much with all that's going on so banking a lot of the kWh
    Solar typos for days!

For sure about the perfect weather... the Tesla has been keeping clean for sure, but still getting out to some local car shows lately with some buddies.

Lockdown had me adding a bunch of new accessories and painted calipers to my Silver Metallic Model 3 "Johnny 5.3....matching the garage flooring of course.

Just got back from a show this morning actually. The white and teal (wrapped) car are running custom air-ride setups in the frunks. Nice to mix it up with the non-Tesla groups at times...lots of interest and curious fans out there in the crowds.

IMG_3098.jpegIMG_3113.jpegIMG_3230.jpg IMG_3062.jpg
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-14-2020, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post

Hey @sunpoweredev It's been interesting following along and seeing our new solar owner firsts for sure.

My record production day still stands on 4/22/2020 when I pulled off 82.3 kWh, while my daily averages have been increasing through June now...just not hitting the extended peak highs during the the day like the cooler months.

Last month I exceeded my production estimate by a few hundred kWh with a total of 1,772! After an actual read from JCP&L my utility bank now stands at 1,275 kWh!

Just hit my 10th SREC with about 3-months left for my first anniversary year and should hit #14 fairly easy by the looks of it. The 9 SREC's I've sold so far total $1,962 for an average of $218 each.

Have you tried NJSREC's new ACH direct deposit option yet? You just input your bank info once and all future sales are automatically direct deposit.... 2nd time for me now with a total sale to deposit timeline of about 3-5 days.

NOTE: 1,000 kWh = 1 MWh so you're chasing 14,000 MWh in your 1st year just like me

We're basically neck-to-neck for 2020 production...just the 30 miles or so between us and slight cloud cover patterns push the lead for each month either way.

Untitled3.jpg
    Did I type 1.4MWh for 14MWh? Yes 14MWh. Should've bought the Hanwha panels for 14,000MWh Maths, nearly a year later, you and I both

I'm going to stick with good old fashioned check in the mail. I've been keeping the cancelled checks in my physical GPE folder after I deposit them. Fourth one soon

Enjoy this weekend's awesome weather. Good day to wash the Tesla, think I'm going to do just that. Haven't been driving much with all that's going on so banking a lot of the kWh

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Looks like on 6/9 was a little preview of efficiency hit due to heat. IIRC it was in the 90s with high humidity that day. On a near perfect production graph that day, peak production was 9.5kW, with total production that day at 79kWh. Compare that to my record production day on 5/13 with the same near perfect graph, peaking at 10.8kW and producing 86kWh for the day.

Enough production for my 12th SREC now. 1.5 months to go until system anniversary, so I'm well on track to meeting GPE's first year production estimate of 1.4MWh.

JCP&L took an actual meter read this month, after having pulled the estimated read on me 2 months in a row and way underestimated my production. All the numbers caught up after the meter read, with proper kWh credits put in the bank.
    Hey @sunpoweredev It's been interesting following along and seeing our new solar owner firsts for sure.

My record production day still stands on 4/22/2020 when I pulled off 82.3 kWh, while my daily averages have been increasing through June now...just not hitting the extended peak highs during the the day like the cooler months.

Last month I exceeded my production estimate by a few hundred kWh with a total of 1,772! After an actual read from JCP&L my utility bank now stands at 1,275 kWh!

Just hit my 10th SREC with about 3-months left for my first anniversary year and should hit #14 fairly easy by the looks of it. The 9 SREC's I've sold so far total $1,962 for an average of $218 each.

Have you tried NJSREC's new ACH direct deposit option yet? You just input your bank info once and all future sales are automatically direct deposit.... 2nd time for me now with a total sale to deposit timeline of about 3-5 days.

NOTE: 1,000 kWh = 1 MWh so you're chasing 14 MWh in your 1st year just like me

We're basically neck-to-neck for 2020 production...just the 30 miles or so between us and slight cloud cover patterns push the lead for each month either way.

Untitled3.jpg
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-14-2020, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Looks like on 6/9 was a little preview of efficiency hit due to heat. IIRC it was in the 90s with high humidity that day. On a near perfect production graph that day, peak production was 9.5kW, with total production that day at 79kWh. Compare that to my record production day on 5/13 with the same near perfect graph, peaking at 10.8kW and producing 86kWh for the day.

Enough production for my 12th SREC now. 1.5 months to go until system anniversary, so I'm well on track to meeting GPE's first year production estimate of 1.4MWh.

JCP&L took an actual meter read this month, after having pulled the estimated read on me 2 months in a row and way underestimated my production. All the numbers caught up after the meter read, with proper kWh credits put in the bank.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    Anyways... Crickets here, but a local solar owner friend called PJM to clarify. He just got his PTO in April.

Maybe I just missed the PJM deadline banner other months, but generation is apparently reported the same as any other and will reopen for May generation entry on June 1st.

Doesn't answer my question of why I can't edit my April generation if the deadline is May 29th as listed, but whatever I guess. I'll likely hit my 9th SREC by then so here to hoping the pricing stays $220+ as it is now.

NJSREC.jpg
    Chirp

I just received my 3rd check from NJSREC. It was $222.50 a week ago May has been a fantastic production month. Quite a few >80kWh days. Record was on 5/13 at 86.6. To the senior PV owners, forgive my enthusiasm, my first May production With 9 days to go in the month, I do wonder if I'll hit 2MWh. At this rate, I'll have another check from NJREC next month I sell with every three SRECs.

In less awesome news, JCP&L pulled the estimated read on me again. 2 months in a row Between the 2 months I should have had at least 500kWh banked, but instead I was billed like 300 I emailed them and was told don't worry about it, that the numbers will catch up if and when they come out here again. I actually emailed Kevin at GPE and he replied quickly. Really great support from GPE.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Anyways... Crickets here, but a local solar owner friend called PJM to clarify. He just got his PTO in April.

Maybe I just missed the PJM deadline banner other months, but generation is apparently reported the same as any other and will reopen for May generation entry on June 1st.

Doesn't answer my question of why I can't edit my April generation if the deadline is May 29th as listed, but whatever I guess. I'll likely hit my 9th SREC by then so here to hoping the pricing stays $220+ as it is now.

NJSREC.jpg
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 05-20-2020, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Question for the NJ senior solar owners following along.... So I've been reporting my generation monthly via my GATS/PJM account, made a few trades of my SRECS, all is well, but May 2020 has got me a little confused.

So typically you can report generation for the current month until the 15th of the following month. May is special however as I understand, since it is the end of the NJ solar year.

I had entered my full April production on May 1st and it has now been processed as usual after the 15th....My confusion is why there is a banner on the PJM site stating, "The deadline for generation entry this month is 5/29/2020 12:00 AM"

Is this note in fact for May generation? There is no new May generation enty box available and since April was already processed that is not editable either? Should you not be able to include your May generation in THIS solar year?

Otherwise solar has been rocking!!! Lifetime production sits at 8.645MWh as of today with a single day record back on 4/22/2020 of 82.37 kWh.
    Untitled.jpg

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied

New personal record today...73.43 kWh! Beat you by just a bit (73.12) according to PVoutput at least.

My SE Dashboard shows a slightly lower 72.85 I don't understand the variances since the my SE RGM inverter should be transmitting the exact same data to PVO.

Anyways, in other good news, the NJ SREC pricing rebound a bit from last weeks low of $209 to $214 now for 2+ units.

Wondering if the extra demand this month for all the "work from home" and quarantine will drive the prices up. Either way I'll likely trade in my available SREC's before the end of the NJ 2020 solar year in May.
    So they did the estimate on me, and shorted me ~400kWh - was billed 200kWh while I was expecting 200kWh banked

In better news, perfect production graph yesterday and new record of 77kWh in a day. Should have my next batch of 3 SRECs within the next 2 weeks

Leave a comment:

• azdave
    replied
    Originally posted by njdealguy View Post
    For a net meter anniversary credit for about 22 kWh, have been paid a 51 cents or just 2.33 cents per kWh (vs retail rate of about 16.5 cents per kWh). What a joke, hope to use all the power we generate before the anniversary dates hit!
    Our April 30th true-up date is fixed by our POCO. That is the end of their fiscal year and cannot be changed. Worst time of year to zero out the account because we often have banked 4000 kWh through the winter and spring right before we could use those credits the most in the Phoenix summer heat. Such is life.

Last year, we got 4.17 cents per kWh for our excess so about a $150-$160 account credit coming to us this May. That account credit works out to us paying $8 a month for being connected to the grid. We'll reach our ROI point in under 6 years (a few month from now). We very happy with that, especially when we aren't forced to use a TOU plan of any sort.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Nice! Good that it's an actual meter read, given the crazy times right now.

Per my consumption meter, for March it generated 1.27MWh and consumed 800kWh, so I should have nearly 500kWh banked. Given that it's been off by 300kWh every month since winter, I expect it to be 200 in the bank. I hit over 70kWh on 3/26 and 27

Isn't it odd that I look forward to that electric bill every month lol.
    New personal record today...73.43 kWh! Beat you by just a bit (73.12) according to PVoutput at least.

My SE Dashboard shows a slightly lower 72.85 I don't understand the variances since the my SE RGM inverter should be transmitting the exact same data to PVO.

Anyways, in other good news, the NJ SREC pricing rebound a bit from last weeks low of $209 to $214 now for 2+ units.

Wondering if the extra demand this month for all the "work from home" and quarantine will drive the prices up. Either way I'll likely trade in my available SREC's before the end of the NJ 2020 solar year in May.
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 04-03-2020, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied

Per my consumption meter, for March it generated 1.27MWh and consumed 800kWh, so I should have nearly 500kWh banked. Given that it's been off by 300kWh every month since winter, I expect it to be 200 in the bank. I hit over 70kWh on 3/26 and 27

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Excited to finally report my first 100% offset month, along with a new record production day (66.5 kWh) AND an extra 157 kWh banked with JCP&L on top.

JCPL 4.2020.jpg

PVO 3.2020.jpg

Many more records and banked kWh's to come in the stronger NJ solar months for sure.....

Just a heads-up, I'll likely transition to a new summary/update thread around my Year-1 PTO mark in Sept. 2020 because this thread is now VERRRRY long at 24+ pages.

All the discussion, disputes and shared experiences have been super helpful (mostly), but a bit long in the tooth for any new members to absorb/use.
    Until next time guys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X