X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid-Tied or else

While helping a friend choose between grid tied or stand alone. We looked at local utility contract for a stand-alone system . What we found was B.S. Do you have this in your utility contract?

ele robber.png
    Last edited by Paul Land; 12-14-2018, 11:31 AM.

This is saying that if you grid tie or interconnect you need an interconnect agreement with the power company.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Land View Post
      What we found was B.S. Do you have this in your utility contract?

ele robber.png
      You may think it's B.S. However, if you call your POCO and enquire, you'll find it's referring to what most of us with grid tied PV systems understand to be a net metering arrangement with the POCO.
      Last edited by J.P.M.; 12-14-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

While helping a friend choose between grid tied or stand alone. We looked at local utility contract for a stand-alone system . What we found was B.S. Do you have this in your utility contract?
        Something similar. Note they are referring to the GRID power supply. In other words, they're not covering cigarette lighter adapters in cars, or generators, or flashlights, or the battery in your laptop. They are basically saying you can't generate your own power and feed it back to the grid without approval.

Comment

Originally posted by jflorey2 View Post
          Something similar. Note they are referring to the GRID power supply. In other words, they're not covering cigarette lighter adapters in cars, or generators, or flashlights, or the battery in your laptop. They are basically saying you can't generate your own power and feed it back to the grid without approval.
          I followed this up with there Rep, this is in the towns residential electric use agreement. Not there grid-tied solar agreement there are just acting like Storm Troopers/Mafia. You can not supplement there power with yours. Town occupants must use there service only. Exception is net metering which is more B.S. $23.00 house meter, plus $25.00 for net meter, plus $25.00 fee Total $73.00 per Month. I remember in the late 1980s Totally Off-grid homes in CA were hit with $25.00 Mo bill from POCO for not using there power.
          Last edited by Paul Land; 12-14-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I followed this up with there Rep, this is in the towns residential electric use agreement. Not there grid-tied solar agreement there are just acting like Storm Troopers/Mafia. You can not supplement there power with yours. Town occupants must use there service only. Exception is net metering which is more B.S. $23.00 house meter, plus $25.00 for net meter, plus $25.00 fee Total $73.00 per Month. I remember in the late 1980s Totally Off-grid homes in CA were hit with $25.00 Mo bill from POCO for not using there power.
            Unfortunately the Town makes the rules usually in favor of the POCO and not the residents.

Still a grid tie system that pays you something for what you produce is better then an off grid system the cost you thousands in batteries every few years.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Unfortunately the Town makes the rules usually in favor of the POCO and not the residents.

Still a grid tie system that pays you something for what you produce is better then an off grid system the cost you thousands in batteries every few years.
              My friends POCO is a CO-OP It's supposed to be his company he own it. Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Comment

My friends POCO is a CO-OP It's supposed to be his company he own it. Ha Ha Ha!!!!
                Then I guess he is making money on grid tie systems

Comment

Working...
                X