X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got system approved by Duke

After a 5 month approval process, finally got my meter installed. I was told that I have the largest residentual system in North Carolina. ( 32.4 KW Sunpower ) For the last week it averaged 149 KWH per day. The best day so far was 167 KWH. I seriously had no idea that it would have taken 5 months. But very happy with the finished product.

Comment

duke is offering .60 per watt up to 10,000 So my final cost is 67500 or 2.08 per watt

Comment

Originally posted by rushclimber View Post
        Thank you. If you please: What 's the panel STC wattage and inverter arrangement ? What held up the approval ?

Comment

sorry, they are 360 watt with micro inverters. sunpower x22-360-AC I have 90 panels.
          Duke treated me like a solar farm with first saying that the Max size was 28KW for residental. We informed that that was for Duke Carolinas, But where I am located we use Duke Progress. Progress says you can do up a maximum demand in a 15 minute span. I Bought the those in January, and 3 of my AC's were runing on heat strips. So I had the huge demand that I needed to get the system approved. January bill was 850. I replaced 3 of the 6 AC units with 19 seer units in february. Actually, Not really sure why it took 5 months. They have a fast track that was the first 5 weeks, but I failed that and had to pay additional 250 for a supplemental review that took an additional 3.5 months to complete.

Comment

sorry, they are 360 watt with micro inverters. sunpower x22-360-AC I have 90 panels.
            Duke treated me like a solar farm with first saying that the Max size was 28KW for residental. We informed that that was for Duke Carolinas, But where I am located we use Duke Progress. Progress says you can do up a maximum demand in a 15 minute span. I Bought the those in January, and 3 of my AC's were runing on heat strips. So I had the huge demand that I needed to get the system approved. January bill was 850. I replaced 3 of the 6 AC units with 19 seer units in february. Actually, Not really sure why it took 5 months. They have a fast track that was the first 5 weeks, but I failed that and had to pay additional 250 for a supplemental review that took an additional 3.5 months to complete.
            Thank you.

Comment

At least you got something from duke, you get nothing in Florida from them although approval and meter took less than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by frankge View Post
                At least you got something from duke, you get nothing in Florida from them although approval and meter took less than a week.
                I thought Duke still had a great Net Metering plan in Florida. Did they stop doing that?

Comment

I think frankge was talking about the rebate.

Comment

I think frankge was talking about the rebate.
                    Oh. Yeah neither the POCO or State give you anything in Florida for a solar pv system.

Comment

Just net metering for the time being... Florida is not solar friendly

Comment

Working...
                      X