Federal Incentive Sunrise program in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Incentive Sunrise program in Florida

I keep getting calls from an ESCO that tells me there is a new Federal funded program in Florida called "Sunrise".

Apparently this program will not cost me a penny for installation and it has been stated it is not a Loan or Lease type program.

I can't find anything about it so I am reaching out to other Floridians that may have been contacted by a solar company concerning this program.

Any feed back is worth while to me. Thanks

Well is it Federal or local? I havent heard if any federal program by that name and under Trump, would not expect any new federal programs.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post
      Well is it Federal or local? I havent heard if any federal program by that name and under Trump, would not expect any new federal programs.
      The ESCO stated it was Federal but I also have my doubts concerning what the details would involve quantifying for any solar program that pays 100% of the install.

Comment

I haven't heard of anything like that either, but it sounds likeB.S. to me.

Maybe their relatives in Nigeria cut them out of the will so they need a new scam.

Comment

We have a program called HERO in California. It is a program where you pay the system off on your property taxes. It is under the federal program PACE. I guess you could spin the program as not being a loan or lease since they put a lien on the property, but good luck trying to sell the house and transfer that to the next owner. At the close of Escrow you would probably need to pay off the system in entirety.

Comment

Originally posted by discodanman45 View Post
            We have a program called HERO in California. It is a program where you pay the system off on your property taxes. It is under the federal program PACE. I guess you could spin the program as not being a loan or lease since they put a lien on the property, but good luck trying to sell the house and transfer that to the next owner. At the close of Escrow you would probably need to pay off the system in entirety.
            I have heard of the PACE program along with a lot of bad news associated with it. I won't be going down that road.

Comment

In Tampa, have new panels about two months (woohoo!) - only incentive is the 30% Tax Credit. I looked all over and Florida is not really solar friendly; we do have net metering with Duke though which is a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by frankge View Post
                In Tampa, have new panels about two months (woohoo!) - only incentive is the 30% Tax Credit. I looked all over and Florida is not really solar friendly; we do have net metering with Duke though which is a plus.
                I am in Hernando County and have Withlacoochie Elec Coop for my POCO. They also have Net Metering but with my current usage and costs I still calculate about 8-10 years for and East/West Roof mount (that is how my home is situated) and about the same for a South facing ground mount.

The final installed cost needs to get down to below $1.50/watt before I can even consider spending that much money.

The ESCO seemed to think there is some type of new Federal incentive program that will allow a solar company to install a system for $0 that is not a loan or a lease contract.

As always it seems too good to be true in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

I am in Hernando County and have Withlacoochie Elec Coop for my POCO. They also have Net Metering but with my current usage and costs I still calculate about 8-10 years for and East/West Roof mount (that is how my home is situated) and about the same for a South facing ground mount.

The final installed cost needs to get down to below $1.50/watt before I can even consider spending that much money.

The ESCO seemed to think there is some type of new Federal incentive program that will allow a solar company to install a system for $0 that is not a loan or a lease contract.

As always it seems too good to be true in my book.
                  You know the old saying, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. HERO loans in CA were and still are commonly misrepresented as a way for nothing down solar which might actually be zero initial out of pocket. Turns out most HERO stuff is often little more than another way for banks and peddlers to separate the solar and financially ignorant from their often limited assets.

Until I find out differently, I treat everything as a come-on. If I'm proved wrong by my own investigations (and not the smoke/mirror B.S from fast talking, scumbag con men) I'm pleasantly surprised rather than unpleasantly disappointed by my own wishful and unrealistic thinking.

Comment

5 years ago I wouldn't have done it; my estimated payment (solar loan + POCO) is going to be around 130-140/mo. My current Duke budget plan payment is 275-285/mo so it made sense to us. I did upgrade all my electrical usuals and have a new 2 stage HeatPump. I'm kicking my last chick out of the nest next year so that should save a ton on hot water alone!

Comment

Originally posted by frankge View Post
                      5 years ago I wouldn't have done it; my estimated payment (solar loan + POCO) is going to be around 130-140/mo. My current Duke budget plan payment is 275-285/mo so it made sense to us. I did upgrade all my electrical usuals and have a new 2 stage HeatPump. I'm kicking my last chick out of the nest next year so that should save a ton on hot water alone!
                      LOL. I understand about how additional people tend to use a lot of electricity.

I have a new home with very high R rated insulation. Unfortunately I have 3 energy hogs. The A/C on my RV, a 10k BTU floor unit in one of my sheds (it has been foam insulated at least) and a window shaker in a second insulated shed.

While the first 6 months have resulted in an average about $165/mth bill, the last 2 have been $215 & $275 respectively. It has been a lot hotter hear then the first 6 months but maybe the A/C units are no longer being efficient.

If my bill goes up to $300/mth then for some reason solar starts to look more promising but I think I can get my bill down by adjusting those 3 small A/C unit usage..

Comment

Working...
                      X