X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solaredge and benQ

Hi I have a solaredge monitoring system and benQ PM0096B00 panels fitted. Recently I have noticed that one panel is not producing anything and another is one producing maybe 3w per day. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything I could try to get these panels working again or how to test if it the panel or monitoring system that is at fault. I have tried the company who did the installation (energyinstalls sw) who have now gone into liquidation and even to I payed extra for extended warranty haven't got any paperwork or information of who my warranty company was. Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

thank
    Mark

​​

contact solaredge and inform them of the installer issues. Get them to give you full access to the system.
    You will want to have SolarEdge support on a day with good sun to pair the optimizers. They should also check the firmware versions and see what DC voltages are on the PV modules that are not producing.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Butch - by full system access, I assume you mean on the monitoring.solaredge.com site right? My provider gave me two accesses, one that's the typical user access under one login, the other as a site administrator under his system, that way I've got the bells and whistles to remotely pair, shutdown, ... the system.

That said, the pairing and FW information is available via the panel menus system as well, password should be 12312312. I'll admit the documentation can be a bit confusing, and I'd want to have SolarEdge customer support on the line when doing it.

The day my system went live, I did a FW update (after it sun went down) and the next morning it wasn't producing any power. It lost the pairing to the PO's and never came back up. The installer hadn't setup my online site account yet, I went home and called him, and we did it manually so I knew how to do it from the screen, because who knows if one day there's a network issue, but it can be done remotely with administration rights.

Comment

Yes. I would still open a case with solardge and ask them to check the optimizers. Let them know about the installer as well.

Comment

Cheers, I didn't realise their was another way to access the panels I'd just been using the app. I did contact solaredge a while back and they told me until I knew what the problem was they couldn't do anything but don't really want to pay a call out fee for another company just to have a look. I will try contacting them again to see if they can help out. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post
            Yes. I would still open a case with solardge and ask them to check the optimizers. Let them know about the installer as well.
            Definitely, I just wanted to make sure he knew he could also do it from the Inverter box display/control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Madlington View Post
              Cheers, I didn't realise their was another way to access the panels I'd just been using the app. I did contact solaredge a while back and they told me until I knew what the problem was they couldn't do anything but don't really want to pay a call out fee for another company just to have a look. I will try contacting them again to see if they can help out. Thanks again
              The app on a smart phone is very limiting. The web page has much more access.
              SolarEdge will help diagnose the problem especially since your installer is not able to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X