X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good quote?

Screenshot_20180529-133801.pngScreenshot_20180529-133849.pngScreenshot_20180529-134222.png Dead south, no shade. I use 1400 kwh per month avg. Thank you.

Seems a little high for me. I guess it would depend on if you're looking for a great deal or a good deal, if you're willing to use a less expensive panel manufacturer, and your region. I have plenty of roof space and opted to go with 300 watt panels for a significant savings even though 335 watt panels were available.

Comment

I guess that really depends on where you're at. There's some sites out there that can give you average install rates for your location - google them. That said, $3.11/W isn't that bad with Those high end panels 365 LG NeON R's. I was negotiating with my contractor who wanted to use 22 of those 365W LG NeON R's which cost him about 30% more per W than the 335W LG NeON 2's - 24 panels same everything else (well to more power optimizers) and knocked off a couple grand. Can you do 40 335 panels? Or 41 330 panels? and get a slightly lower price...? There's always room to negotiate, and if there isn't then maybe they really don't want your work. Don't be afraid to tell a company to go away if they don't want to negotiate, there are plenty more quality ones that will want your business.

And most important, do some research on the company. How long have the been in business, how many homes have the installed on, look on solarreviews.com and other reviews, look them up in the BBB (any complaints filed against them?)

Admin note, I edited a bit
      Last edited by solar pete; 06-05-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I was going to say the same. $3.11 for SolarEdge / LG NeonR seems like a very good price. How many and which inverters are you getting for 13.5kW? I have 12.2kW DC (Panasonic) on an 11.4kW inverter which is fine for me as I have a lot of shade and a 20 degree incline. But if you live somewhere sunny and have a good azimuth and orientation, with no shading, the 11.4kW won't be big enough to prevent a fair amount of clipping.

From what little data I've seen so far on NeonR systems they're productivity has been higher than expected and much better than my Panasonics

-Jonathan

Comment

Working...
        X