Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to separate Consumption / Production / Net usage

Hi Solar Forum Members,

I recently installed a system using enPhase inverters. The Envoy system has Production metering established, but no consumption metering. The installer decided to not spend the optional time bothering with consumption metering due to the layout of my Main panel (it is a it unconventional with the main leads and the busbars directly attached, leaving no room for the CTs to find wires to clip).

Anyways, I also have the Rain automation Eagle-200, which effectively gives me instantaneous readings off my utility meter.

My problem is that the Eagle-200 now shows, at any given moment, both Consumption+Production = Net. So during the day, when I am producing, I am net negative, but can not tease out how much at any given time I am consuming any more. In the evenings, when I am not producing, the Eagle-200 pretty much reports instantaneous consumption.

So, with the present monitoring system I have: (1) a production monitoring system using what EnPhase provides; (2) Net usage at any given time. What I am missing is consumption at any given time, as well as daily, weekly, or any given time interval aggregated consumption.

Is there a way for me to easily back into consumption, without attempting to install a consumption meter on the Envoy?

I was thinking I could mathematically back into it since I have Net = Production - Consumption, Thus I can find Consumption(t) where it equals Net(any given time) - Production(any given time)?

Thanks,

Jon
Working...
X