Solar panel conduit over roof or through attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar panel conduit over roof or through attic

Hello All, I am trying to decide between two contractors. One contractor is approximately $1,000 more expensive. However, he states that he will install conduit through the attic. So, are conduit installs through the attic generally more expensive. Both companies have received good reviews on yelp. Thoughts?

Absolutely. Through the attic is cleaner. What's your price per watt?

Comment

Originally posted by cost.basis View Post
      Hello All, I am trying to decide between two contractors. One contractor is approximately $1,000 more expensive. However, he states that he will install conduit through the attic. So, are conduit installs through the attic generally more expensive. Both companies have received good reviews on yelp. Thoughts?
      What's the approximate cost for the two systems? A $1,000 difference between systems costing say $15,000 is much more significant than between systems costing $30,000. I don't believe the difference in price is specifically because one is running conduit through the attic while the other isn't, so you should base your decision on more than just this one factor. If you like the more expensive contractor, have you asked if he's willing to match the price of the other and run conduit through the attic?

Comment

Originally posted by Kendalf View Post

What's the approximate cost for the two systems? A $1,000 difference between systems costing say $15,000 is much more significant than between systems costing $30,000. I don't believe the difference in price is specifically because one is running conduit through the attic while the other isn't, so you should base your decision on more than just this one factor. If you like the more expensive contractor, have you asked if he's willing to match the price of the other and run conduit through the attic?
        One is 13K and the other is 12K. This is the lowest the contractor is willing to go. I am not sure if I like one contractor over the other,however,I think the conduit through the attic is a cleaner look. I was wondering if there is any advantages of having conduit over roof installs. Perhaps, less holes in the roof?

Comment

image1.jpeg

I uploaded the second contractors work. It seems pretty good. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
          X