X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not getting the most out of my array

Hello!
    I got 9 bsolar panel 260w ea. The thing is i can not get more than 1600W on the sunniest days. Have then parallel serial 3 sets with 15amp breaker on each array. Im i doing something wrong ?

If the batteries are not really low, they may not draw the full array power when charging. by 9am, the panels will be charging, but with low sun angle, not much, but the batteries are still filling up.
    Here's an experiment, switch the panels off all morning and then at noon, or whatever time the array is in optimum position, switch the panels on, if you get 1800watts or more, panels are fine
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Have done that.
      i have a Schneider SW 4048 conext 60 100 controller. When i put the inverter to need more pwer from the PV array the maximum it will produce 1600W at 12:00pm with the sun at its best no clouds. The PV array will never go more than 1600w.

Comment

6051144F-FAA2-4202-A355-DAA53800791A.jpeg Combiner box

Comment

Originally posted by Orinuco View Post
          Have done that.
          i have a Schneider SW 4048 conext 60 100 controller. When i put the inverter to need more pwer from the PV array the maximum it will produce 1600W at 12:00pm with the sun at its best no clouds. The PV array will never go more than 1600w.
          Just a thought, and beginning at the basics: What's your zip and array orientation ? What does PVWatts suggest for a max. output ?

Comment

Maybe it's the picture, but I don't see how that left hand breaker is wired at the bottom end ?
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Zip code 00777 Puerto Rico Latitude 18. I have then set south at 18in has guidelines demand. The wire have to qet back on that to ask the person who made it since it was after Hurricane Maria and materials were not easy to receive from the USA. Those days. 7440C057-7F5E-4F1B-939F-C0E741E74558.jpeg

Comment

Zip code 00777 Puerto Rico Latitude 18. I have then set south at 18in has guidelines demand. The wire have to qet back on that to ask the person who made it since it was after Hurricane Maria and materials were not easy to receive from the USA. Those days. 7440C057-7F5E-4F1B-939F-C0E741E74558.jpeg
                That's a page (page 190 to be precise) from the "Solar Radiation Data Manual" put out by NREL around 1992 or so.

It shows possible irradiance at one site for various orientations and mounting schemes.

The units BTW, are in kW/m^2 per day - that being what some, to the confusion of the ignorant and uninitiated call "sun hours" - . Nice page and useful, but says nothing about actual array output at your site or reasons for possible lowered output.

Try PVWatts.
                Last edited by J.P.M.; 04-14-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Will try something when a qet free time from work.

Comment

Something very wrong with this picture.

At the top is the BUSS and appears to be electrically common to all the Breakers including the MAIN Breaker on the LEFT. I can see the Inputs from the 3 strings on the right 3 breakers feeding the Common Buss on top. (The bid shinny metal piece) Then I see the output of the Main Breaker on the Left feeding right back to the Main Buss making a LOOP going no where.

WTF over?

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                    X