Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Energy Information Electricity Prices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

I know this is sketchy, but there was a poster here ~ 2013/2014 who's handle I forget that was in MN, used MN panels and, as I seem to remember didn't make out so well as he'd originally thought. I also have a somewhat vague recollection the price of the panels he used was pretty jacked up and (perhaps for that reason) that the panels were only being used in MN.

Anyone else remember that poster ? He was a regular for awhile.
    Not sure but he likely had Heliene or tenKsolar (TenK solar has their own proprietary mounting solution so doesn't work with standard racks).
    Neither is Tier 1 (or even close)

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...ure#gs.a0dsEFY
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by reader2580 View Post
      Ten K was a manufacturer building panels in Minnesota that went out of business. They did a very large panel that was not a standard size. The solar company that helped with the electrical part of my project had a vehicle just for hauling Ten K panels.
      TenK Solars pv modules were an odd shape but not only that they have a proprietary mounting system that has them bolting tabs sticking out of one side of the module.
      This means that they don't meet uplift or fire ratings in other states. It was really quite silly. They also have a plastic wind deflector for when they are mounted on a flat roof and they would try to claim that it was a solar reflector that added production. This is true but the added production is extremely minuscule and likely would fall off quickly as the wind deflector ages and soils. Particularly since the deflector is only reflecting diffuse light, by the nature of the solar install (modules are facing the sun, deflector is facing away from sun).

The same sort of thing was going on with Made in Washington state incentive. We were able to save customers money and have a better ROI by NOT using it, unless they wanted backup in which case we would use OutBack inverters. We did have a few that insisted on MiW or MiM incentives and we would source the modules and/or inverter as requested, but we wouldn't give our guaranty on the system due to the lack of reliable warranty on the equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post
        I would highly encourage other to do a real fiscal investigation of their own before jumping on buying made in Minnesota crap from companies that are only in existence for the incentive (meaning they are not going to be around for support or warranty)
        Butch you know better than that. Critical thinking is not politically correct today and no longer taught in schools. Imagine the horror if public schools taught people real math, science, and critical thinking skills to figure things out for themselves. Al Franken and Jesse Ventura would have never been elected.
        Last edited by Sunking; 04-05-2018, 01:26 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Not sure but he likely had Heliene or tenKsolar (TenK solar has their own proprietary mounting solution so doesn't work with standard racks).
          Neither is Tier 1 (or even close)

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...ure#gs.a0dsEFY
          I'm pretty sure it was 10K. I jogged my memory about 20 minutes ago. The poster's handle was Pleppik. He seemed a decent sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            Critical thinking is not politically correct today and no longer taught in schools. Imagine the horror if public schools taught people real math, science, and critical thinking skills to figure things out for themselves.
            Well SK, look on the bright side - if there is one - if that were to start happening again, maybe we'd have a shot or the glimmer of a hope at getting out of the mess we're in.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
              Well SK, look on the bright side - if there is one - if that were to start happening again, maybe we'd have a shot or the glimmer of a hope at getting out of the mess we're in.
              Read the edit.

MSEE, PE

Comment

The Made In Minnesota solar program was terminated in 2017. Customers who have approved applications have until Oct 31st to begin power production. A Washington state based solar module manufacturer named Itek energy has a final assembly facility here in Minneapolis. They are closing the facility by the end of 2018 since the program has been terminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                  Butch you know better than that. Critical thinking is not politically correct today and no longer taught in schools. Imagine the horror if public schools taught people real math, science, and critical thinking skills to figure things out for themselves. Al Franken and Jesse Ventura would have never been elected.
                  I graduated from a private military school in Waynesboro VA. Also I was on the rifle team..... Thats right my high school handed me a rifle and ammunition daily and taught me how to use it... and they still have a rifle team

Comment

I graduated from a private military school in Waynesboro VA. Also I was on the rifle team..... Thats right my high school handed me a rifle and ammunition daily and taught me how to use it... and they still have a rifle team
                    You and I have something in common. I graduated from a private school in Tulsa OK, not military, and I was in ROTC, Our school had both skeet and hunting clubs and still does to this day, and yes they still take guns to schools. OU Boomers Club take 4 shot guns to all football games, and OSU were I graduated college Paddle People take wooden paddles to all home games along with Pistol Pete.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                    X