X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel or Serries

Hello Everyone,

I need help on setting up the panels that will provide a best output to charge 24V battery bank.

Here is the list of my equipment:
    1. Two of 320W 72cell panel at 37.4V, 8.56A (same brand)
    2. One of 175W 72cell panel at 35.8V, 4.9A
    3. One of 250W 60cell panel at 30.7V, 8.1A
    4. Epever MPPT charge controller at 30A
    5. Solar MPPT charge controller at 30A (fake MPPT)
    6. Four GC2 battery at 6V, 215A each
    7. Four AGM deep cycle at 12V, 55A each
    There will be NO need for AC converter as our equipment will be using 24V output directly from charge controller/battery.

If any panel that does not need for this setup, I can put it for sale on my local Craigslist.

Please help me to get the best setup out of those.

Thank you in advance.
    Key

Any feedback?

Comment

Are you planning to run all 8 batteries together? Not sure they will play well together at all. Seems like the only likely setup would be 2 systems since you have 2 charge controllers. , 1 group of 4 6v batteries in series and 1 group of 2 12v batteries in parallel. Then you'd be left with 2 12v batteries to put on float somewhere as backups. But overall that is an odd mix of components and seems it will be a bit of a struggle to make it all play nice together.
      285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

But if you are just playing around and seeing what it will do ... I would probably start by connecting the 2 320W panels in parallel to the better MPPT controller and series wiring the 4 6v batteries to 24v. Then you would have 215ah x 24v = 5160 watts of power and a usable 50% of that at 2580W. Can't speak to the idea of if there would be enough solar to charge the batteries because you don't say where you are, shade, etc. But depending on where you are that might be just enough panel to charge those batteries.
        Last edited by Matrix; 03-28-2018, 08:30 PM.
        285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Thanks Matrix.
          i finally connect two 320W in parallel with MPPT charge controller. I am in Southern California with panel faced South at 77 degree angle. I think the panels provided more power than I need to charge 215A battery (at 52% SOC) while also power my 130W appliance for 5 hours during the date. At one point, I noticed the panels provided 650W through CC.

Comment

Working...
          X