X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar noon charts ?

Where might I find monthly solar noon info for my area ?

Try this : http://suncalc.net/#/34.2257,-77.944...18.03.22/09:03
    9.36 grid tied, Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Thanks Kingram

Comment

If you'd like a calendar format I use this. I find it very hand for showing solar noon and day length. https://www.sunrisesunset.com/

That Suncalc site looks really cool too. Does anyone know of a place that will show inclination of the sun at a certain time of day on a given day?

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaken View Post
          Where might I find monthly solar noon info for my area ?
          Try NREL. Lots of stuff there. What kind of "solar noon info" are you looking for ?

Comment

Going to set up a monthly chart for solar noon to set panels monthly . My system is very small as Im only trying to run a fan and a few led lights in a 16x12x10 greenhouse at random times as needed. I will post my system info on my profile when completed. Thank you all for the great info

Comment

I answered my own question. The suncalc.net site does not have the inclination values that I can see but the suncalc.org site does. Very handy!

Comment

Look at Sun Facts (sunfacts) for android and ios; as I understand your questions, it offers what you are requesting. Google sunfacts and either android or ios. It's free for both platforms from Volker Voecking Software Engineering

Comment

I was able to get a chart giving the time of "solar noon" for every day of the year at my location. This was
                  needed for some energy plots I was measuring to be completely consistent. The time varied over a half
                  hour range, after savings time is taken out. But forgot where I got it.

But I do not understand how this will help with panel orientation. The sun will get there some time. The
                  latitude you are at would be useful if figuring the amount panels should be tilted, over the year. The plan
                  here is basically to have a snow tilt (vertical), and the rest of the year. Even currently running without that
                  my array does pretty well. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
                  X