Comment

Originally posted by Emorales View Post
      Thanks Sunking
      You are welcome.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Emorales View Post

Puerto Rico
        Thank you. I sort of meant where on the island. Sorry for the imprecision. Not enough caffeine yet.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Thank you. I sort of meant where on the island. Sorry for the imprecision. Not enough caffeine yet.
          Jaja I know the feeling. Do you know about Puerto Rico? Im in Bayamon

Comment

Is there a difference aside from jacket color (resistance, performance, ect) in regular #8 stranded cable and ground stranded #8 cable? Can I use #8 b stranded cable as ground cable and tape the ends green?

Comment

So before I make the purchase need to make sure this fuse/breaker fits into system which is 3 260w panels in series (going to 6 in couple months) 50A 150v MPPT/ (8) 6V 230a/h battery bank wired in series 48v/ 2000w 48v AIMS inverter. Cable runs from panel to mppt are 50' using (#8 cable) All the other runs will be no more than 5' using cables per calculator suggestion.

Going with:
              Blue Sea System285-Series 40A Circuit Breaker (between solar panels and MPPT)
              Blue Sea System285-Series 60A Circuit Breaker (between MPPT 50A and Battery Bank)
              Blue Sea System285-Series 80A Circuit Breaker (between Battery Bank 48v 230a/h to Inverter 48V 2000w cont)
              Blue Sea System 300A m-Series Battery Switch
              Looking to have a fuse directly on the positive lead from the battery. Any suggestion? Looking at Blue Sea System MRBF Terminal Fuse Block with 250A fuse

System will be ungrounded for a few months until I recover financially from the initial investment then will ground completely with a Lighting arrestor integrated

Comment

Interesting thread--hope people are recovering well on your island.

I have a 428AH leaded flood acid battery bank with my system and mounted this T-type fuse in AWG 00 battery cable that runs from the bank to the inverter: It seems like a very simple and solid product. Not sure how the price compares to the Blue Sea one you're considering, it runs about $50 shipped.

https://www.altestore.com/store/encl...-holder-p2120/

Although close to the postive post of the battery is good, you don't necessarily want this in your battery enclosure because it could produce a spark which could potentially ignite any accumulated hydrogen gas venting from the batteries. Mine is mounted on the outside of my battery box--24" of cable length away from the post.

Comment

Good day I want to find out if I can connect a 6A10 and a 10A10 diode on a 100W 12V solar panel, we have two 12 volt batteries with a 1200W inverter and a 12/24V charge controller. Is it compulsory for both diodes to be the exact same size or doesnt it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by RayM View Post
                    Good day I want to find out if I can connect a 6A10 and a 10A10 diode on a 100W 12V solar panel, we have two 12 volt batteries with a 1200W inverter and a 12/24V charge controller. Is it compulsory for both diodes to be the exact same size or doesnt it matter?
                    3 steps here
                    1) get a baseball bat (wood , not metal)
                    2) find the source of the information about using a diode, use the bat and smash the source. Diodes have not been needed with panels for 20 years, unless it's a
                    DIY panel that has no factory diodes
                    3) forget about diodes and re-ask the question

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
                    X