This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 vlot

If i have 2 set of 48volt. 4 panels of 100watts each n the volt should be 80 volt

if I connect the 2 set would it give me 80 volt or 160?
    Or the volt would be the same but the amps goes up...
    thxx

Series, Voltage and Power Adds.
    Parallel, Current and Power Adds

No if ands or buts, its the LAW of physics. I hav eno clue wh at a 48 vlot is.
    Last edited by Sunking; 12-09-2017, 03:07 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

If i connect my panels in series to make them 48 volt which I would get 80 volt n 22 amps ..

so u telling me I would get 160 volt if i connect 2 set in series ? Right!!!

Comment

What are the panels Voc spec? If you wire them in series, just add the Voc, the current will not change.

You say these are 100 watt panels which I assume are 12 volt battery panels. A 12 volt battery panel typical Voc is 20 to 22 volts, so 4 in series would be 80 to 88 volts. I have no clue where you arre coming up with 22 amps as that is impossible unless you wired all the panels in parallel.

WATTS = VOLTAGE x CURRENT.

Does 80 volts x 22 amps = 400 watts?

Where I went to school 80 volts x 22 amps = 1760 watts. Try 80 volts x 5 amps. If you look at the panels Imp I bet they are rated roughly 5.5 amps and Vmp = 18 volts.

18 volts x 5.5 amps = 100 watts
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Yea u right srry 4 not making myself clearer

100 watts -21.5 volt - 6 amps
          n u said from 80 to 88 volt I understand that but what am lost at is.

let says the 4 panels give me 80-88 volt on 1 set

N my 2nd set the same 80 -88 volt

n I connect both set 2 the wires that goes down to my mppt. Would it show me 80-88 volt or 160- 176 volt?

why am asking is cuz my mppt is 150volt max so I want to have lower den 150 volt

thxz u for ur info
          Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 12-09-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

So you have 8 panels right?
            Each panel is 100 watts right?
            You have a Controller rated 150 Voc right?

The big question is how many amps is your Controller and what battery voltage?

You will wire your panels 4S2P or 4 in series wired in parallel with 4 panels in series. Like this:

MSEE, PE

Comment

No right now I have 6 panels
              n yes all 100 watts
              n yes 150volt charge controller

My controller is 60 amps
              n my battery is 450amps all together (4 6volt Trojan 225amps each )

am using a 12volt system

p.s. I can open ur pic

Comment

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88 View Post
                No right now I have 6 panels
                n yes all 100 watts
                n yes 150volt charge controller

My controller is 60 amps
                n my battery is 450amps all together (4 6volt Trojan 225amps each )

am using a 12volt system

p.s. I can open ur pic
                No picture needed. 3S2P, but configuring your 4 x 6-volt batteries wired for 12 volts (2S2P) is not a smart decision. Wire all 4 batteries in series for a 24 volt system. Use the same 3S2P panel configuration. At 24 volts you only needed a much less expensive 30 amp controller. If you go with 24 volt battery means you can grow the system to 1600 watts with your 60 amp controller. Go with 12 volts as you have planned and you are maxed out at 800 watts. With 48 volt battery you can grow to 3200 watts.

So why are you doing 12 volts? Going 24 volts is easier and less expensive.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

Cuz I have a 12volt inverter right now am fine with 600watts n 12volt system n I rly don't need that much power right now to go to 24 volt system

I just connect them 4 panels in series n 2 panels in Parallel that should give me 80 volt n 10amps.

When my MPPT controller gets done with regulating it, i would be charging 12V battery with about 55Amps.

Comment

Originally posted by AranM0n
                    just connect them 4 panels in series n 2 panels in Parallel that should give me 80 volt n 10amps.
                    That will not work. You cannot put 4 panels in parallel with 2 panels. Please explain how you think you have 80 volts x 10 amps = 800 watts.

Simple you cannot explain it because it is not real like your plan. It does not work. The only way to use the 2 odd panels is with second controller. Sorry I cannot help you. I am out of here.
                    Last edited by Sunking; 12-10-2017, 03:27 PM.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

I didn't say 4 panels in Parallel

I said 4 panels in series(which is 80volt) n the other 2 in Parallel
                      but thxz I guess

Comment

topic closed, see
                        https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...367702-battery
                        for further discussion
                        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
                        X