• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

ah its the GBP symbol.
      making me feel unwanted
      GBP3440 for 6.5
      so 26461 +kwh

I get nothing(at the moment, announcement from gov this morning says maybe.) for using battery.

Comment

In the UK the FiT is paid on a deemed export of 50% of your total generation - which is daft, but that's as it has been since the schemes inception.

There's a good market for surplus diversion devices, usually aimed at thermal storage - the aim being to minimise export, so even if you export nothing you'll receive a FiT payment equal to half of your total metered generation.

There's plenty of battery systems being installed here, but none by folks who are expecting to benifit financially.

What the OP might wish to consider (aside from the cost effectiveness of storage debate) is that the deemed export is expected to cease, in favour of FiT payments being based on actual export. So you will no longer have the win win situation of being paid for half of what you generate, and be allowed to make productive use of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marli View Post
          announcement from gov this morning says maybe.) for using battery.
          The announcement this morning is all political wishful thinking, it'll depend on an entire new network of smart appliances talking to smart routers and inverters - we can't do smart meters properly yet, and we are still building draughty homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_Ork View Post

The announcement this morning is all political wishful thinking, it'll depend on an entire new network of smart appliances talking to smart routers and inverters - we can't do smart meters properly yet, and we are still building draughty homes.
            Thats just fine, keep the system running on the brink instead of making it more robust. Instead of
            making the system super reliable by treating the root cause, just throw more (proved unreliable)
            technology at it. Bruce Roe

Comment

Marlin, you are way off . You been smoking? Can you show me those prices quoted by you in the published OFGEM ? You get a 6.5 kwp system for 3440 quid installed and certified by a MCS company? I can't buy materials for that.
              POCO pays you by the kw exported 3.6p/kwh for residential . This is the current rate if you sign this year. The party is over with the big fat pay. And if you're north of Birmingham up, insolation is pis poor. If you're in Devon, Summerset or East Anglia then is reasonable.

Comment

I wish!
                I was just talking about the battery sorry
                just one quote so far, the system is 3.36kw for GBP 6221, awaiting a quote for 2x12 panels(6.72kw)

Comment

Working...
                X