X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AranM0n3y88
    • Oct 2016

Trojan 6v 225 ah

Hey every1 how ya doing so far?

I want to know the Equalize time for Trojan 105re battery?
    want to set up my Mppt should it be 120mins or 180mins Equalize time for Trojan battery ?

2nd ? when my battery goes to equalize do I use power or turn my inv off until it goes to float state ? (Read it somega where want to make sure is right or wrong )

p.s. thxz for ur time
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

EQ Charge is not a timed event and takes 12 to 24 hours to complete. That is why with Off-Grid you must have a generator to perform routine EQ charge. Solar cannot do it.

The correct procedure is:

1. Make sure water level is correct, if not add water.
    2. Perform a normal Full charge at C/10 (23 to 30 amps on T-105's) to 14.8 volts and hold until charge currents drops to 5 amps. That can take 12 hours.
    3. Allow battery to rest, then apply EQ charge at 16.2 volts and charge until the specific gravity quits rising and equal across all cells some 12 to 24 hours later.

FWIW no need to ask here, all you have to do is look it up yourself on Trojans web site. Try reading it for yourself. CLICK HERE scroll down to EQ for more details.

Most likely you will have to turn your Inverter off to EQ as it will not tolerate 16.2 volts. If you have a quality Inverter, it will turn itself off from OVER VOLTAGE. If the Inverter can tolerate 16.2 volts, no need to turn it off as your charger should be sized to handle the load and EQ charge. You are going to need a battery charger capable of 23 to 30 amps and can have the voltage set to 16.2 volts. Otherwise you are SOL.

Here is the data sheet for T-105RE available on the web. Charge at 14.82 and EQ at 16.2.
    Last edited by Sunking; 05-21-2017, 08:51 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...