X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved $4 after four months with solar!

I created an Excel chart that tracks my solar data, and one portion compares my costs with and without PV. And I am now $4 richer thanks to solar. It's looking like an 85 year pay back at this point. lol... I am assuming that the numbers will continue to get better as I get more sun after the very rainy winter.

I just thought it was funny and thought I would share.

Here is the Dropbox link if anyone wants to play with the Excel chart: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t243kvlnfm...Calc.xlsx?dl=0

ScreenHunter_512 May. 15 12.27.jpg

To download the Excel file you need to use the little dots up top as shown:
    ScreenHunter_513 May. 16 09.51.jpg

Comment

My utility provides a rolling 12-month account history on the back of the monthly statement and that's about all I review anymore. We have been very conservative since adding solar so our payback point is slightly longer than first figured but probably no more than 4 years away.View bill - Google Chrome 5162017 100304 AM.bmp.jpg
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Ok. To clarify your costs it looks like you are paying someone $83/month for the PV system, plus the fixed cost & tax to your POCO, plus whatever additional kWh you use to the POCO above what you generate.

It make sense that you will be losing money during the Winter months but should start to gain now that you are getting into the Spring and Summer months.

Nice spreadsheet. Keep us informed how your system is doing.

Comment

Working...
        X