X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcchapman7
    • Feb 2017

Followed up with the installation company and they contacted solar edge/looked at further data and believe 1/3 of the cell of the panel is not functioning as was mentioned above. They have begun the warranty process through their distributor, but told me today they have a 335W panel on hand they could replace the defective panel with this week (not an exact match with the 340W panels of my PV system). The installer rep wrote: "Typically at this point we would just buy a panel and install it but, no one is ordering Canadian solar anymore due to the possibility of the tariffs being imposed." Any thoughts on the best course of action in this situation? The installer rep does think the distributer should be able to get an identical 340W panel if I am willing to wait for the warranty process a little longer...

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

As you wish, but I would get that 335W panel installed ASAP instead of losing production. With
      tolerances in this equipment, it might even deliver as much as the others. Bruce Roe

Comment

• peakbagger
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2010

Unless you are the only one looking at it and don't mind aesthetics go with the newer model. Just keep in mind that there will be some slight difference in the look of the panel compared to the others. My first array was made up of identical model panels that had come from various sources and made over a variety of years. (the good old days when the same panel was on the market for several years). It was quite obvious that the panels were of different origins.

Comment

• dcchapman7
          • Feb 2017

Ended up having our installer replace the faulty panel with a slightly lesser wattage 335W Canadian solar panel (at no charge), it actually looks identical and is producing just slightly less than the surrounding panels. Just wanted to thank those of you who responded to my posts for your time and support. I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...